Light-O-Rama Forums

Renewal of lic

jmraider

I currently own Lor 2.94 Advance....... if I renew my license for the $29.95, does that give me the new Lor 3.xx  also if it does give me Lor 3.xx does the renewal price give me the same level (Advance) I currently have.

Renewing your license will get you one year of software updates at your current level (advanced, in your case.)

Thus you would be able to upgrade to LOR 3.x, or any other version that comes out one year after your renewal date.

Your license never expires.

Only your ability to upgrade to newer versions. This is the situation you find yourself in now. You can register versions of the software up to your license level, and the license doesn't expire. You just can't upgrade to newer versions of the software, as your license doesn't support them.

Thank you for the information, I am starting on my designs for this year and have been considering to use Lor 3.  I understand that my current sequences should convert to Lor 3.

Thank you for the information, I am starting on my designs for this year and have been considering to use Lor 3.  I understand that my current sequences should convert to Lor 3.

Yes, they will convert to LOR3.

One thing to remember, you can not use a S3 sequence with LOR 2.x. Once you save it in S3, consider it converted. I would recommend making a backup copy of your S2 sequences on the (remote) chance you want to go back to S2.

Yes, they will convert to LOR3.

One thing to remember, you can not use a S3 sequence with LOR 2.x. Once you save it in S3, consider it converted. I would recommend making a backup copy of your S2 sequences on the (remote) chance you want to go back to S2.

I agree with Don's recommendation - I think it's pretty much always wise to back up - but I just want to point out that when the Sequence Editor converts an old save file to a new one, it also saves a copy of the old file (without any of the changes you made to it with the new version of the Sequence Editor). 

Let's say your sequence is called MySequence.lms.  Then when LOR converts it to the new layout, it will also make an entirely new file, called (something like) MySequence.lms.v8.bak.  I'm making up the "8" in that - you may see a different number.  If you rename that file to Something.lms (dropping the .v8.bak), and then open it, you'll see it's a copy of your old sequence as it was before you modified it in the new Sequence Editor.

Again, though, I totally agree with Don's recommendation - backup, backup, backup.

here is the link to the software page,, it states that you get free minor upgrades for the life of you license,and free major upgrades for a year.http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimeSoftwareSuite.html  I lucked out,when lor 3 came out my license was good to upgrade from lor two to three.