Light-O-Rama Forums

High Speed USB 485 Adapters are Here!

scottam67

For those waiting for the new High Speed adapters from LOR, they are now in the Online Store AND on sale.  

The USB485-HS converts the short range USB output of the computer into the industry standard, long range RS485 protocol. It is used to communicate between the PC and LOR light controllers. Only one USB485-HS is used to operate an entire network of LOR controllers.

The USB485-HS is the choice when you plan to use the highest speed (500K) for your LOR network. The other LOR USB adapters were designed for speeds of 250K or less. However they appear to work well at 500K so if you have a working 500K network using one of the other USB adapters there is no need to change. The USB485-HS is designed to work at 500K speeds.

http://store.lightorama.com/accessories.html

Darn it.................I missed this as I just purchased an adapter very early this morning....................I didn't see this and would have ordered this one instead of the old model for the same price.

Looks like I will have to make a phone call.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

I did the same thing! I know that wasn't on the site this morning when I placed my order. Plus they are the same price as the old one. They have also already shipped my order. I will give them a call Friday, don't think anyone will be there on the 4th!

I just looked this up and put one in the cart.. shipping and "handling" was about $17 for ground..   For a $26 piece that would fit in a padded env... that is a LOT of shipping.

I just looked this up and put one in the cart.. shipping and "handling" was about $17 for ground..   For a $26 piece that would fit in a padded env... that is a LOT of shipping.

I did the same thing and that's why I'm going to give them a call. I don't mind picking up 2 at the sale price, but shipping is a killer for suck a small item. The order I placed Yesterday with old ones was $590, of which $29 was shipping. That has 2 controllers which are big and heavy compaired to 2 USB Dongles at $17.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 2 High speed dongles in the mail, Going to test this weekend at the venue.  I will post any info I gather.

17 bucks for shipping, CHEAP !

You should see what we pay this side of the 49th parallel, try 30 bucks, OR MORE ! (for small packages, NOT LOR)

I'd be happy if it was 25 even !

Greg

ok, some days I am not that bright!  Saw it, bought it, mostly because it is red.  Not sure the benefit to me with my 8 controllers.

17 bucks for shipping, CHEAP !

You should see what we pay this side of the 49th parallel, try 30 bucks, OR MORE ! (for small packages, NOT LOR)

I'd be happy if it was 25 even !

Greg

And then there is brokerage fees and because we can screw you fees

• The topic was locked