Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR effect videos?

Guest guest

Toggle is not a lighting effect. It's a method to toggle a large number of cells at once.

If you hightlight 50 cells, half on, half off... after the toggle, the other 50 will be on, and the other 50 will be off. (Make sense?) :)

Twinkle simply turns lights on and off at random. There is a good example of this, 56 seconds into my "Good King Joy" video.

Shimmer is a rapid on off. When viewed with lights, you usually can't tell the lights have gone off.. that's how fast it is. (But you do see the effect.)

94-302-vert wrote:

Does anyone have (or can make) video's of what the variosu LOR effects look like on a set of mini lights? (mostly toggle, shimmer, twinkle).

Toggle isn't an effect, it's just a tool that will turn on a cell that is off, or off a cell that is on or has another effect (fade, twinkle, etc). EDIT: Spanked by Don!

A video of the other two effects would be nice for newbies. Too bad you didn't ask a little earlier, our display is totally down now. If nobody else comes up with anything I'll sort through my footage and try to find some segments with those effects...

-Tim

Tim, I was even thinking just have 8 or 16 strand of light on a table top so you can say the 4 sets on the right are twinkiling, the 4 sets in the center are fading, etc...

Us Newbies need a lot of help... :?

Chris

Video worked for me.

Note that it's hard to demo a fade, because they are very flexible. You can specify the starting intensity, ending intensity, and time to anything you want.

-Tim

The viewpoint of the video - from a stranger's bedroom floor with clothes on it and with flashing red lights - kinda weirds me out.... like it's a clip from a 25-cent peep show or something.

But hey, if it's helpful to others, why not.