Light-O-Rama Forums

Number of CCB controllers per network

robigd

I have 4 CCB controllers, and 2 are running one string of lights and the other 2 are running two strings. Will one network be enough to handle this or will I need to split them up? What is the general rule of thumb for channels per network?

Thank you in advance for your input!

You should be okay. Some effects might give you fits, but for the most part I think you would be fine.

If you are going to use the 500k option (available in later versions) then you will have no problems at all.

You should be okay. Some effects might give you fits, but for the most part I think you would be fine.

If you are going to use the 500k option (available in later versions) then you will have no problems at all.

Great! Thank you Don. I will be using the 500k option. How many more CCB's do you think I can "comfortably" fit on the network?

By no means was this a scientific test ...

However last year I ran a quick test to see what 12 CCB (24 strings) might look like on 500k. Granted, I didn't *have* 12 CCB's to test with, but the software will still send out the commands over the wire.

The sequence was loaded with fades, fading chases and fading color changing chases. At 500k this performed as expected. Mind you I was looking at only one CCB set, but when changed to the older speeds, it was choppy, and did not perform as expected.

I have 4 ccp and I run only 3 on 1 network the other 1 on its own had trouble running 4 on 1 network with all the fades and stuff  so I have 900 pixel on 1 network and 300 on 1  just my input, regards

• The topic was locked