Light-O-Rama Forums

Shortened Shows

smjosephrn

I have programmed my show. It consists of just music animations. 7 in all. I then used the schedule editor to schedule the show for a longish amount of time ~45 minutes. Just to see if the show will restart automatically or if I need to schedule multiple instances. Well, the show only goes for 4 and sometimes 5 songs and ends.

What did I do wrong?

I set my show up to start at 6:30 pm and end at 10:30 pm. My 6 songs and sequences run nonstop until 10:30. If a song is playing, then it plays all the way thru and stops. I don't know what is wrong with yours. Do you have an old version or a demo version your using? Maybe uninstall and reinstall the software might fix it.

No it is version 1.6.3 I'm using Windows ME (older computer) I may try to uninstall and reinstall. I thought maybe there was some limitation that I didn't know of or a setting I needed to set. I printed out all of the tutorials today to go through my setup step by step.

Still having difficulty with it! I can get the show to cycle for 1 hour (4 or 5 cycles I can't remember.) then the show quits. It turns off at the end of the last song after 1 hour. Man this is fustrating! Here's what I have done to troubleshoot.

When I first started up the LOR on that computer, I placed a shortcut to the LOR control panel in my startup folder, so that I wouldn't have to manually start it. Well, later after playing with the program I noticed that there was a autoloader imbedded in the program. I made a mental note to remove the shortcut and enable the autoloader.

First, I removed the shortcut and enabled autoloading, then restarted,

I then went back to basics. I DL'ed and printed out the tutorials on Building an animation sequence and building and scheduling a show. I followed them to the letter. I changed the Network preferences in the Sequence editor to the suggested settings. (didn't know how this might affect the show but I did it anyway.) I also built a new sequence from the ground up, timed it and also told it to play everyday. (even though I really only want it to play today.) I set the time to play from 4:35pm to 6:00pm.

I fired it up and let it rip. Stopped dead at exactly 1 hour. Is one hour the maximum cycle for the LOR1602W? Is there a way to change that setting? What am I missing?

Okay trying your suggestion right now. I thought that I only had Ver 1.6.3 because that is the CD that I got. But remembered that I was emailed Ver 1.5.0 I loaded that and then upgraded to Ver 1.6.1 So far everything is working. But I will see shortly if it cuts off at an hour.