Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone interested in forming a group in the Bay Area (California)?

tbetgeorge

I'd have to say i'm a "maybe" for the 20th. Was supposed to head up to Boy Scout camp (Wolfeboro) with my son that day (a day early) but maybe we could skip the extra day and just go up for the normal amount of time.

Ok - What about Saturday, July 20, 2013? in Fremont, Near Mission San Jose off of Hwy 680.

I'll be there.

May I make a suggestion? Once the date is set, charge a nominal "registration fee" so you can buy refreshments. Then you'll know who is serious so you can get a more reliable head count.

I think I count 5 of us that could make a July 20th - That is ok for a start I think.  Steve's comment about charging a fee for refresments is ok - think a few dollars for the kitty.

The list of attenders now is

Steve, Sunnyvale

TheBarron,

Ken Benedict, Orangevale

TBetGeorge, Newark

Hugh Tebault, Fremont

Still looking for agenda leaders - what do we want to talk about - learn about - discuss - ?

I'll be out of town that weekend, but one thing you may want to talk about is a group buy to save on shipping.

Still looking for agenda leaders - what do we want to talk about - learn about - discuss - ?

I could talk about: "RGB on the Cheap - dumb strips, Chinese controllers, and other 3rd party and DIY equipment"

I could talk about: "RGB on the Cheap - dumb strips, Chinese controllers, and other 3rd party and DIY equipment"

Your kind offer is accepted - Thank you.

Question for those planning to attend - What choices of beverages - water, ice tea,coffee, soda, diet soda, ???  Light snacks/lunch could be a assortment of salad/breads/cheeses/meats - any dietatary restrictions ?

Attendees -  July 20, 2013 -

Steve, Sunnyvale

TheBarron,

Ken Benedict, Orangevale

TBetGeorge, Newark

Hugh Tebault, Fremont

10am - meet and greet , share experiences with LOR 

11am - Seminar session 1 -RGB on the Cheap - dumb strips, Chinese controllers, and other 3rd party and DIY equipment/Steve

12Noon - Lunch break -

1pm - Seminar session 2 - (Open - subject/leader )

3pm - wrap up

3:30 end

I can bring a meat and cheese tray with sodas I like.

If there's room, I can bring some of the hardware I'm using.

Hey guys,

I've been able to change my schedule and would love to attend!

I am a complete newbie - never created a show of any kind (well except for the contest earlier this year). I don't have much to offer at this point but would love to take in as much of your experience as possible.

I have 64 AC (2 controllers are still kits I have yet to build) and 16 DC channels. I think what I would like the most is some help on the general placement of props given my landscape, i.e., arches should go here behind the mini-trees or maybe in front, etc.

As far as refreshments I am partial to Lagunatis (beer) but alas it is not on the list so water is fine for me. I have no dietary restrictions. I'm more than willing to pony up some $$ to for whatever expenses are incurred.  

Thanks to htebault for hosting!

Tony D

Ok TonyD - that makes 6 of us then.  The subject of element placement can be one item we talk about -

Ok Ken - that would be great if you bring some things.

any dietatary restrictions ?

I don't usually eat meat, and I'm allergic to cheese/milk/cream/butter.

So philly cheese steaks, got it! Good choice!

• Like 1

I can include some vegatables and nut meats  - but please bring what you would like.

I am in Millbrae. I am running 400 channels, 12 ccr's and this year adding 30 channels of RGB dumb strips. I will try to move some stuff around and make it.

Sorry guys, I really wanted to attend but my BOSS(wife) said because I just had double hernia surgery on the 10th, she believes it would be too hard on me to make that drive. Please keep me informed as to when you may have another meeting, I really want to get to know others that have my same interests.

I'm looking forward to this Saturday.

I am looking to buy 1 or 2 candy cane spinners. So if you're interested in getting rid of something please bring it.

I'd also be interested in

RGB Floods or dumb strips for under the eves

Arches

MartyFan

Firesticks

I am sticking with LEDs so if you're moving on to CCR/B/etc and want to unload some old stuff now would be a good time.

I am not going to be able to make it. My daughter had a still birth on Wednesday morning and we are dealing with all the arrangement's.

I am not going to be able to make it. My daughter had a still birth on Wednesday morning and we are dealing with all the arrangement's.

Sorry to hear about his.. my condolences.