Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone interested in forming a group in the Bay Area (California)?

tbetgeorge

Hello!

I would be game! Usually ThFS are my best days. But if its in the bay area (work in Hayward) I could get off work for a few hours on MW! (I'll never hear the end of it at work, "crazy eric and his lights" but comes with the territory!)

Look forward to it!

Eric

Eric - just saw your matrix on YouTube. You're insane! Would love your company, ha! Will make me feel better about my first year madness...

If a day works to get together, I live by Mission San Jose  in Fremont and would be happy to host the meeting here. What would we like to have as an agenda ? 

It is a four hour round trip from Sacramento, so weekends would be the best for me.  I have to be honest, I would love to do like a day long thing perhaps every once in awhile.. Regular meetings would be tough for me.  But there is teleconferencing!  Perhaps!   :P

>Well lets make it happen for sometimes in August then. I know I am busy August 3rd, and I know I can have some others from the Sac area show up as well. I am using the Joshua System P12 for my smart strips, Ray Wu's 27 channel controler's for my dumb strips, and about 6 LOR controllers.

I'll offer to drive a car pool from the Sacramento area; my car can hold me + 3.

I'll offer to drive a car pool from the Sacramento area; my car can hold me + 3.

Could you make July 27th then too or was quoting your way of emphasizing you prefer the latter (August 3)? :)

Eric - just saw your matrix on YouTube. You're insane! Would love your company, ha! Will make me feel better about my first year madness...

Thank you, I am!

Maybe the best thing to do is plan several? It may be hard for all of us crazies to get the same day off! Like waiting for all 8 planets to line up! (Did you hear about Pluto? That's messed up, huh?)

Could you make July 27th then too or was quoting your way of emphasizing you prefer the latter (August 3)? :)

Either date is OK with me.

Darn, July 27 and Aug 3rd do not work for me. The day after (Sunday) for both of those dates does work.

August 5th works ( sunday) for me, as does the 18th.

Getting it to work for everyone is going to be difficult.

Perhaps, the people that are hosting should pick a date for there location that works best for them, and the rest of us make it work (or not).

Michael

August 5th works ( sunday) for me, as does the 18th.

Getting it to work for everyone is going to be difficult.

Perhaps, the people that are hosting should pick a date for there location that works best for them, and the rest of us make it work (or not).

Michael

I tend to agree with you. No date will work for everyone. August 5th is a Monday BTW.

Tony

Pick a date and a location...Lets all try to make it.

Lets do it, let just make it after august 3rd and a Saturday

Count me in. I am in San Jose, second season now. Did Halloween and Christmas last year and already starting plans for this year

-john

Somehow I got elected to propose a date and agenda - so here it is. Chime in if you want a different date/time - or if you would like to teach one of the sessions -

Ok - What about Saturday, July 20, 2013? in Fremont, Near Mission San Jose off of Hwy 680.

Agenda could be;

10am - meet and greet , share experiences with LOR 

11am - Seminar session 1 - (need a subject/leader)

12Noon - Lunch break -

1pm - Seminar session 2 - (need a subject/leader )

3pm - wrap up

3:30 end

I have a dedicated computer for LOR - and can share access to the wireless here for others computers during the event.

I could share either last year's setup (48 channels /mini/led) with power planning, controller balancing and setup/tear down.  - I could also share this year's planning for the 12 CCR tree under construction using 3/4" alum tubing that will run in addition to my initial 48 channels from last year.

The agenda should serve the interests of those who can attend - so I am open to that.

Starting at 10 and ending by 3:30 should give our out of town crowd an easier way to join in.

Got a family reunion that day.. can't do it.. but thanks.. would love to have gone..