Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone interested in forming a group in the Bay Area (California)?

tbetgeorge

So I'm new to LOR, but not new to the lighting industry. Decided to do my first setup this Halloween (and Christmas) but was thinking it would be great to have a local community of LOR-type people in the bay area to put heads together and have fun learning from each other. I have a lot of experience in the DMX and RGB world and am now moving on to pixel-based systems. Anyhow, if you're interested in meeting up in the bay (I'm in Fremont, CA), let me know! 

- Tom

Tom - I am also in Fremont and having survived last year's Christmas show with happy neighbors I consider myself LOR experienced.  I would be interested.

Sign me up! I am in pacific grove (Monterey area), and work in the bay area.

We can meet at my place, or I could drive up to the bay area.

Any pick some dates,

Michael

Awesome! Sorry, I didn't respond before - caught a cold and was trying to recover. Is there a better day of the week for you guys? Since a couple of you would have to travel farther (Michael and plasmadrive), maybe you should let us know which days are better. I'm free pretty much any day the entire summer (I'm a teacher). Look forward to putting heads together!

Hey gang,

I can setup my work schedule to be I the bay area after work, if we wanted to meet n the evening for a few hours 5:30-9ish?

I think that getting together, getting to know people, finding out who is doing what, would be great! From there we can schedule next meeting(s), pick topics, have some one show us the cool thing that they are a master with, etc.

I am very available after work the week of July 15th - 19th, and July 22nd - 26th...

How about y'all?

Mn

Hello!

I would be game! Usually ThFS are my best days. But if its in the bay area (work in Hayward) I could get off work for a few hours on MW! (I'll never hear the end of it at work, "crazy eric and his lights" but comes with the territory!)

Look forward to it!

Eric

• Like 1

It is a four hour round trip from Sacramento, so weekends would be the best for me.  I have to be honest, I would love to do like a day long thing perhaps every once in awhile.. Regular meetings would be tough for me.  But there is teleconferencing!  Perhaps!   :P

Sounds like most people could do a long Saturday some time. I'm free almost every Saturday aside from July 13. I am more than happy to host or we could go to another house in the bay. We could maybe bring some toys, some ideas, questions, and put minds together. Can't wait!

I am interested, I am in Los Banos1.5 - 2 hours from the Bay area. I have been doing LOR since 2006 and have approx. 65,000 lights(incans) but this year I am adding about 2000 Pixels.

I'm in. 

I'm in San Jose and going into my 4th season

Any weekend after July 22nd works out for me.  Trying to get into DMX (via the Pixel 1 / E682 ) and build a flat mega tree to replace the dying rope tree I have hanging from the peak of the roof.

--Keith

http://www.christmasoutloud.com

Well lets make it happen for sometimes in August then. I know I am busy August 3rd, and I know I can have some others from the Sac area show up as well. I am using the Joshua System P12 for my smart strips, Ray Wu's 27 channel controler's for my dumb strips, and about 6 LOR controllers.

How about Saturday, July 29th at 10am (until whenever)? Sounds like everyone can be available that day. I figure the sooner the better that way if we'd like, we could get together one more time before the summer ends. Also gives us enough time to order more toys from China before the craziness of the year sets in :)

How about Saturday, July 29th at 10am (until whenever)? Sounds like everyone can be available that day. I figure the sooner the better that way if we'd like, we could get together one more time before the summer ends. Also gives us enough time to order more toys from China before the craziness of the year sets in :)

Thats a Monday

Oops, I just went a week after the 22nd that Keith mentioned. Saturday, July 27th!

Edited by tbetgeorge