Light-O-Rama Forums

Is There a Limit?

Guest guest

Jeremy,

I am not exactly sure what your question is but I will relate the current situation at Light-O-Rama....

A combination of things ( like increased traffic at PC, Carson Williams video, word of mouth...) have combined to create a mass of orders that are about 5X what we expected and that we are geared to handle.

At the same time we had made a promise early this year to a fellow in Florida that we would have wireless and a standalone MP3/Show Director this year. This guy (on my word) went out and got a contract with a city to put 60+ LOR1602Ws in a park to light their trees and sync it to music using a major high powered sound system. The park had power run to all the trees but there was just no way to get comm cables around.

We had lots of problems trying to get a reliable (reasonably priced) wireless solution to work and it was getting to the point where I was going to mess up this guy's reputation. So all efforts were diverted to getting this done. (we are a small company (but growing) so diverting everything into this project got us behind in most other areas)...

As I heard yesterday, the park was decorated on schedule and the wireless and MP3/Director were up and running.

---------------

So for next year we are making significant changes to prevent this from happening again. We do not expect to see shipping delays or stock shortages. I will not be making promises to anyone until we have the product ready for production (my enthusiasm sometimes blinds me to the reality of the time it takes to get things done)

Wow, it has to be both exciting and frustrating to have way more demand for your product than you can satisfy for the season...

Very cool to hear tha wireless and mp3 standalone is now in the hands of at least one customer!

I had wondered if Carson's video would peak interest in LOR, since several of the forums I have seen it talked about on had mentioned LOR. Glad to see it has...

-Tim

Dan - I'm also glad to hear it. The Carson video has made it's rounds here at work (where incidentally, 3 PC members all work) and has sparked interest from several people in the office. I know of one that is planning on ordering at least one 16 channel board after the first of the year. And I have given directions to probably 10 people so far to get to both Scott's houose and mine, and also to Michael Tollett's since we all three use LOR. And to not go unsaid, have also boasted on your support to your customers and the users of your software and hardware. A job well done to you and Mary! Keep it up.

Looking forward to wireless! Maybe then I can shut the window to the room I run LOR out of!

Nice to hear everything is going well. Seems like every year Dan is saying don't worry, no problem, and then WHAM he has more success that expected. Congrats to dan on having a successful company. Just curious how many people you having working for you??? I could always move to New Jersey.......:]

Dan,

Sounds like you have had a rough couple of months! I first found out about LOR last year about 2 weeks befor christmas so i wasnt able to get anything, but my first board is orderd, i cant wait to get it! :laughing: . i plan on ordering alot more next year.. do you have any idea what the prices will be for next year on wirless, and where is this park at in florida, i would love to see that.

once again thanks for all your hard work and support...

Thanks folks!

Yes it both a good feeling and frustrating at the same time...

How many people work at Light-O-Rama (not enough!)..

We do not have a price for the wireless yet. There are a couple of people that have it now because they have been on my heels all year. We made up a price for them but I am not sure what the exact price is going to be.

I will check with the customer in Florda. I am sure he has no problem with me mentioning his name and the parks location but I have to check first.

LightORama wrote:

There are a couple of people that have it now because they have been on my heels all year.

On your heels - wow - I can't imagine whom would bug you about such a thing all year ;)

Hello All,
My name is David Lockey and I am the owner of Let There Be Lights, Inc. I am the customer that Dan is talking about. I have done a display for the City of Fort Pierce that consists of 62 LOR1602's with 63 wireless tranceivers (one for the MP3 Director) The display consists of 120,000 Super Mini Lights syncronized to music. There are three songs (Christmas Serejevo by TSO, Deck the Halls by Manheim and Little Drummer Boy by Manheim) and three five minute filler animations. The city got the municipal licenses from BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC to be able to play whatever music they would like. I would like everyone to know how happy I am with the quality and functioning of the products that I have received from Light-O-Rama. Dan did everything he could to make this happen for me (THANK YOU DAN). I did a demo for the City officials on monday night and they abbsolutely loved it. The City liked it so much that they are talking about doing a 4th of July display and other similar displays around the city. The lights on date is sunday december 4th. If anyone has any questions please e-mail me @ dlockey@adelphia.net. Thanks again Dan.

Dave Lockey
Let There Be Lights, Inc.

Come on Dan just one more promise.

Actually as busy as Dan is I want everyone to know that he has been a huge help when ever I have had a problem. I can not say enough good things about the way he treats customers and the members of PC. I try every time I am on the radio (about every other day now) and have had two news articles to mention PC and LOR. Friday a local TV station is doing a live remote and you can bet I will try to get Dan and Chuck in there.

Oh and one more thing. I have found all vendors from this site to go above and beyond for PC members. And to think membership is free! What a great country!