Light-O-Rama Forums

lor and dmx and dongle

dan martens

1-is there a way to automactic set the rgb channels in s3 advanced. im farely new to this and im manually clicking dmx, than i have to manualy putting in 1,2,3-clicking on next rgb than putting in 4,5,6 and so on. i do have auto fill and it does fill when im putting in dmx type. its taking forever to get all 500 channels in.

2-im using the rainbow pixel smart controller and i have 40 smart pixels on the first string so that controller is set to 1,2,3 so if i add the 2nd controller the adress would start at 121 ?

3- where can i purchase a complete etherdongle complete?  

which dongle is most used i want 4 universe,(usb,either)

do i still need the smart controllers after dongle

thanks dan

Hey Dan. I'm new to RGB this year as well, and I've been manually adding channels as well. would love to hear if there is an easier way.        but to speak on the dongle I bought the ECG-D4 from Joshua 1 systems about a month ago.$145.00 but it gives me 4 universes and a nice case. it was a learning curve to get the network going, but with youtube and the posts here. I managed to figure it out. and I've got the rainbow pixel controllers too and so far with testing it works great.

Guys, I don't have all the answers for you as this is my first year dealing with DMX and RGBs in my show too.  But, here is a video that helped me get going.  It gives details on more than what you're asking for, but it also includes a way to setup channels.  There still may be a faster way, but his way seems like it might do what you're asking for.  If not, just search Google... There's a ton of videos with a few different ways to setup your channels.

• The topic was locked