Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving channels/props among controllers

dbltrukr1

I goofed when building my configuration by just going down the list instead of going by location of controller in the yard. To keep from running extension cords from one side of yard to the other I need to move channels to different controllers. Is there a way to do this without making a huge mess and keep things together to make it easy to sequence?

You say "props" in the title - are you asking about how to keep them in sync between the SE and Viz?

Take a look at this post. It discusses ways in which keeping your SE (Sequence Editor) and Visualizer in sync.

The channels stay with the controllers.  You are moving the items (trees, deer, etc.).  Just rename the destination channel.

Edited by Dave Batzdorf

don't over complicate things.just change the unit id of the controllers to match your layout

I goofed when building my configuration by just going down the list instead of going by location of controller in the yard. To keep from running extension cords from one side of yard to the other I need to move channels to different controllers. Is there a way to do this without making a huge mess and keep things together to make it easy to sequence?

If I am understanding what I think you trying to do, it's not difficult to do.   I do this all the time when I have moved something from one area to another.

Go into the Channel Config file or the easier way is to just double click on the channel/controller prop you want to change from the main window in the SE.

Once you have the channel info up, just change the info in the Controller and Channel # boxes at the bottom of the window.Controller is the Unit ID and Circuit will be the Channel #.

For example say I have a prop, let's say a Hanging lit ghost on Unit 05 Circuit 3, but I need it on Unit 03 Circuit 11, just change the numbers in those boxes to match your prop location and controller {Unit ID} and channel {Circuit} you want it on.

Just remember to change any duplicate channel that may be a different prop or you can end up with some strange results.  Once you have made all the changes, run the verifier to be sure you don't have duplicate channels/controllers for different props.

Again, this is if I am understanding what I think you're trying to do.

Can do the same thing as above in the Channel Config area,  go to Tools from the menu bar, select Channel Configuration, this will bring up a window with all your channel info.  Either will work for moving channels and controller numbers around.

Once you've made all your changes make sure you EXPORT your new channel config file and now your settings will be the same whenever you start a new sequence provided you have set your Channel Config file as your default.

Hope this helps, again providing I am fully understanding what I think you're wanting to do.

Exacty what I need to do. Thanks for the help. Now if anybody needs a kidney I need money for MORE lights....