Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT 1 Wire

Maine Lights

Well its that time of year again.  Where is everyone getting the best deal on SPT 1 wire?  Looking to buy 500-1000 ft of green.  Also anyone had any good pricing on vampire plugs?  Thanks for your help

If anyone is interested I have a whole bag (somewhere around 100) of SPT1 C9 sockets that will never be used. Paid $25 but will consider anything reasonable just to unload them.

If you prefer spools, and are OK with black, try www.awcwire.com.  Pricing on website is a little higher, around $133/1000ft if I remember, but key to best price is to call Debby at 262-312-2637.   If you call direct, you should be able to get a spool of 1,000 ft for under $100.  Someone paid $92 + shipping last year, and I paid $95.  Price fluctuates based on price of copper.  It is 18/2 SPT-1.

I personally prefer working with spools, they don't tangle as much for me.

I agree with Earle on CLS. Just ordered 1000 foot. But how about white spt1, anyone seen it at a good price?

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Was able to order from Debbie at AWC for $0.89/ft. Was able to get 1000 ft shipped for under $100.00.  Definitely worth calling and not looking at online store.

• 1 month later...

Was able to order from Debbie at AWC for $0.89/ft. Was able to get 1000 ft shipped for under $100.00.  Definitely worth calling and not looking at online store.

Can you give us some contact info for AWC?  

Thanks

If you prefer spools, and are OK with black, try www.awcwire.com.  Pricing on website is a little higher, around $133/1000ft if I remember, but key to best price is to call Debby at 262-312-2637.   If you call direct, you should be able to get a spool of 1,000 ft for under $100.  Someone paid $92 + shipping last year, and I paid $95.  Price fluctuates based on price of copper.  It is 18/2 SPT-1.

Scott had it on a post in this thread  

WOW, 89¢ a foot is like $890 for 1000 feet.

Joke

I get all mine a Menards for just under $30 for a 250' roll.

Dan@ have you ever ordered from them? First time I have ever come across their website

As far as I'm aware Radiant Holidays is the former WLC Ventures.

• 1 month later...

I ordered on the WLC Venture pre-sale.  I had a tough Spring (health wise) and wound up not paying.  I just contacted them last week, paid and they shipped.  I know that some people have had issues with WLC Ventures before, but I have to give them a big thumbs up!

I ordered on the WLC Venture pre-sale.  I had a tough Spring (health wise) and wound up not paying.  I just contacted them last week, paid and they shipped.  I know that some people have had issues with WLC Ventures before, but I have to give them a big thumbs up!

I am glad you had good luck with them..... I have been waiting from January of 2011 for my order of a 1000' of wire and vampire plugs!!!! They are giving me the run around, now that I got a hold of them.... someone in the family is sick... still waiting for them to call me back!

I am glad you had good luck with them..... I have been waiting from January of 2011 for my order of a 1000' of wire and vampire plugs!!!! They are giving me the run around, now that I got a hold of them.... someone in the family is sick... still waiting for them to call me back!

More than two years?!?!  Wow!  I'd be ticked too.  How did you pay?  Why not report the transaction to paypal or your credit card?

All that I know is I paid on Sept 30 and the package was at my door on October 4.

I spoke with Debby to day she was telling me that they are a distributor for larger supply house. She only was giving out these prices under here account... she does don't want to loose her job over this....she explained that she was helping someone out because she loves Christmas too!!! She also stated that she knows that the person that posted this here was only trying to help her company out. She does ask from us that we would order the wire at the $133 for the 1000 feet and please calling her direct line and call the number on the website.