Light-O-Rama Forums

which is better

jck46

which is better e682 or j1sys p12 want to add some smart strips also what else do i need to hook up using s3 advanced

The magic question that many have asked and more have answsered.   I have both and personally prefer the 682 due to the 16 connectors -vs- 12 and that you can span a string across 2 univeses.  Documentation great from San Devices.  Comes down to what your specific needs are (since both are about the same price and performance are comparable). 

Both are great prodcucts and work very well.  Which truck is the better truck  "Ford" or "Chevy" (same situation in my opinion)

Edited by jerrymac

Not to be too repetitive, but in response to concerns about the complexity of the E68X series user interface, it has been completely rewritten in version 4 and now uses buttons, check boxes, and drop-down tables in place of the old "command line" interface.  Capacity has also been increased from 6 to 7 universes of Multicast E1.31, Unicast E1.31 and Art-Net have been added, both handling up to 12 universes.

That is a great point. I have upgraded my boards to the new firmware and it is much easier to configure now, all drop down boxes or type directly in fields, very nice update. The old way never bothered me but now it is easier for new users.