How much hardware is needed?

PKingRoch

I'm looking to replace the PC that I run my shows on.  I currently have 2 LOR networks 12 channels on one, 4 CCRs on the other, and 1 DMX universe with only 30 channels on it.

What amount of hardware would I need to buy to run this?  What are you all using?

Thanks!
Paul

I have a Toshiba laptop with an i7 processor and 6Gb of RAM. I ran my show last year with ~10,000 LEDs, 7 controllers and 442 pixels with zero issues. This year will be the big test since I'm doing ~1500 pixels along with 6 LOR controllers and around 150 RGB nodes

pretty much any newer machine will handle it.  to have enough growth get something with a good processor maybe dual or quad core, 6-8gb ram to start and 64bit operating system.

For LOR there is no need for a 64bit OS, it wont utilize it.  

The channel count you wont need much really more than anything over a Pentium 2 or Dual Core AMD.   Windows XP or newer and 4gb of ram.

Interesting...  So, a cheap PC like this: 

HP Compaq DC5100 Pentium 4 3.4GHz 2GB 80GB DVD for $49 would run this setup just fine?

Again, I'm just talking about running the shows,  The above is a price for an off lease refurbished machine through GearXS today only.