Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel config and sequences - Warning Newbie Ignorance Enclosed

zeighty

Okay, you of great experience and knowledge. I humbly come before this forum and confess ignorance. 

1. I have S3 Advanced
  2. 1 1602 controller
  3. Hopefully at least one more controller by September

I finally have my light layout: 

Where each strand of lights will physically go on the house/yard, etc. I decided that I need to get a visual of what I had only created on paper, so using Visualizer I created my layout. I named the channels and assigned channel numbers. 

Here is the question(s): 

I downloaded several sequences to help me get started. They of course have their own channel configuration, so I replaced it with my saved channel config file.  

I could not figure out how to change a channel for a given string of programming.  

Example: 

My physical configuration has 4 trees, assigned channels 11,12,13 & 14. The channels in the downloaded sequence that would control trees are 1,2,3,4.  

Is there an easy way to change the downloaded sequence channels?

No easy way but to double click on the channel and change it.  in you channel config do you have all the channels assigned?  i.e. mega tree 1-16 are controller 2 channels 1-16?  usually if I get a sequence from someone I will import my channel config and then move things around to where I need them to be.  hope this helps.

to answer your last question there is no EASY way to change them but if you are talking 5 sequences and two controllers it isn't too bad, 100 sequences and 15 controllers is a different story! lol

if you want to email your channel layout and the sequence in question (plus music if you have it).  I will take a look at it for you.  email me at chet27604@yahoo.com

1.) Open two windows in S3.  One is your sequence with your channel configuration, the other is the downloaded sequence with its channel config.

2.) Highlight and copy the cells from the downloaded sequence for the channels you want to "move" to your sequence.  You will probably want to set your paste mode to "Paste by Time" (Edit in menu top, go to "Set Paste Mode) unless you set your sequence timing to be teh same as the downloaded one (probably a good idea until you build experience)

3.) Paste to your equivalent channels.

This leave the downloaded sequence and its associated animation/visualization intact, without affecting yours.  When you click "play" you will be asked if just the current window or if it should play all windows..

I think the easiest way to do this is open the borrowed" sequence, then your sequence.  Copy the enitre channel from one to the other.  That's how I deal with config changes thruoghout the various years.

Not sure if I have this or not, if not ignore and carry on!

I have used other squences and used themn to fit mine.

You only have 16 channels..and the borrow squence is 16 channels but they are in different order.

It is a little work but here is what I would do:

Create a new track and move your channels to match the borrowed sequence.

Eg:

You trees are Channel 11 - 14 and the borrowed are 1 - 4

Just move channels 11-14 to the top of the new track so they are first and so on.

Once eveything is matched copy the borrowed sequence and paste it in the rearanged track.

DO NOT touch the main track!!!

If you are borrowing a bunch of sequences this works well!

PM if you help with this...

You could also add a controller or 2 above the original sequence, import your configuration, then copy and paste each line from the original sequence where you want it in your configuration. Once that is done, delete the original sequence, and you have your config as you want it. Hope I've explained it correctly?

Just as I expected and typical of LOR folks... lots of help.  I will re-read all the replies tomorrow at some point and give the methods mentioned a try (also hopefully tomorrow).  

Again - Thanks to all who responded.