Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowflake Test

75redman

Nice Job!    Looks great.

What did you use - AC mini-lights on wire-frame of some type?

Thanks.

They are 42in white led mini lights snowflakes. From target. The blue are 17in led rope light on a wire frame also from target. Snagged a bunch on the after christmas sales.

hi there i have the same idea. i am putting 24 snowflakes up on my roof this year

Not quite that many for me.  I will only have 14.

How do you guys plan on keeping the snowflakes on the roof?

I will be utilizing a small gauge wire attached to the top and the bottom of each snowflake.  I have tile roofing so the top wire will be wrapped around the peak tile on the roof and the bottom wire attached to the facia part of the roof with a hook.  This will keep everything flat and tight so the wind doesn't move any of them.

I have 10  of the 42 inch snowflakes from target also....I zip tied 4   18" pieces of rebar to the back, in a square, and they didn't move an inch the entire season. Just layed them on the roof and was goodto go!   That was a new piece last year, and people loved them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have 10  of the 42 inch snowflakes from target also....I zip tied 4   18" pieces of rebar to the back, in a square, and they didn't move an inch the entire season. Just layed them on the roof and was goodto go!   That was a new piece last year, and people loved them. 

I think if I tried the rebar they would slide off. (tile roof)

Nails, big ones

Ha Ha :D .  JSTORMS,  Watching your display inspired me to use them.  THANKS!!

I had a dozen hand made incan snowflakes last year.  I'm planning on adding 4 more for this year, I'd love to do more but don't have the channels. Even with 128 for this year I don't want to give up any more for snowflakes.  As far as attaching them I just I welded a bracket on mine which I then bolted to 1/4" rod which was welded to a main 3/8" center rod.  They are then attached to the eve using a bracket and deck screws.  You can see them on the side of my house.

http://sdrv.ms/18X2PW1

• The topic was locked