25 Foot CAT5 Cable

6 Foot USB Cable

At this point,
I am not interested in having the PVC Tree and star that takes up 17 of the 32
outputs. I am interested in purchasing the 16 output package with controller,
but I don't know what I need to purchase with it to get to 32 outputs. I
understand that I need to buy another 16 outputs, but my question is, do I need
the 16 output Controller for $259.99, or can I get away with 16 output with out
controller for $159.99, being that I already have a controller?

Any information will greatly help.

Thank you.

It looks like it already comes with 2, 16 channel controllers.

You might contact wowlights.com directly and ask them, though.

Hi,

I am getting

ready to make my first purchase from WowLights, however I am a little confused

and need some help. To start, I am interested in a 32 output system, which they

currently sell for $799.99 which includes the following:

5 WowLights

Christmas Sequences

Santa with 3 Outputs

PVC Mega Tree Kit

with 16 Outputs + 1 Star Output

2 16 Output Light-O-Rama CTB16PC

Controllers

Light-O-Rama Sequencing Software

USB485 Communications

Adapter

100 Foot CAT5 Cable

25 Foot CAT5 Cable

6 Foot USB Cable

At this point,

I am not interested in having the PVC Tree and star that takes up 17 of the 32

outputs. I am interested in purchasing the 16 output package with controller,

but I don't know what I need to purchase with it to get to 32 outputs. I

understand that I need to buy another 16 outputs, but my question is, do I need

the 16 output Controller for $259.99, or can I get away with 16 output with out

controller for $159.99, being that I already have a controller?

Any information will greatly help.

Thank you.

I have dealt with them alot and I think all you need is to get the 32 channel "starter" package.  Has two controllers and everything you need to connect it to your PC.  I think they had it on sale at one point for $599.  The $159.95 you have listed only gets you the singing Santa and five sequences.  If you are not going to use their sequences and setup then the 32 channel starter package would be the way to go.  Hope that helps.

Have you considered just getting your controllers from LOR directly?

I agree no sense in getting stuff you don't need. if you wait for the summer sale you may be able to even get three controllers for what you are going to spend with wow lights.

I guess it is all a matter of preference, when I first started out I must have had a hundred question about all this and Mike at WoWLights took the time to answer each and every question.  Left me feeling comfortable in my decision.  I continue to do business with them to this day.  When I started out I wanted something that was plug and play until I could get more comfortable with going off on my own, they offered that.

Don't get me wrong Wowlights is a great company i know a lot of very happy customers and have never heard a bad thing about them. for me i enjoy the DIY portion of this hobby and saving some money was a plus.

wow lights basic starter package   $579.00   light o rama   basic starter package plus one add on 16 channel controller   567.75  I buy from both although more from  lor

I looked at wowlights also as this hobby can be very expensive very quickly... I bought my first Kit from LOR. :)

Thank you for all of your replies.  I will look at both websites and decide what suits me best.  I now understand that each 16 outputs needs its own controller.  I was thinking I could get by with one controller for 32 outputs.  Sorry if i was confusing the heck out of you.  This is all brand new coming from a Mr. Christmas.

Thanks again,

Thank you for all of your replies.  I will look at both websites and decide what suits me best.  I now understand that each 16 outputs needs its own controller.  I was thinking I could get by with one controller for 32 outputs.  Sorry if i was confusing the heck out of you.  This is all brand new coming from a Mr. Christmas.

Thanks again,

really depends on what you are gonna use for props, I have seen folks here make a 16 channel controller "look" like it was pushing more.  The first thing is to use all LED's (so you don't get hit by the amp buggaboo).  If you are creative about what props you have and want to use (say you have 10 mini trees and also ten windows you want to light, by piggybacking them you could essentially have twenty things getting lit up).  Sorta did that my first year, went with 32 channels but tied in a lot more by cleverly choosing what to piggyback.  Not an ideal situation but it does work and looks good.

really depends on what you are gonna use for props, I have seen folks here make a 16 channel controller "look" like it was pushing more.  The first thing is to use all LED's (so you don't get hit by the amp buggaboo).  If you are creative about what props you have and want to use (say you have 10 mini trees and also ten windows you want to light, by piggybacking them you could essentially have twenty things getting lit up).  Sorta did that my first year, went with 32 channels but tied in a lot more by cleverly choosing what to piggyback.  Not an ideal situation but it does work and looks good.

1+

I piggy backed when I used a MR C.  I had 24 elements running off of just 6 outputs. When you put enough distance between elements, or put elements on the same channel in locations where they cannot be seen at the same time as another element, it saves channels, but costs more in extension cords.  It does however also make it easier to program. 

Another very key item that I learned from the veterans when I first started is this montra "Viewers will notice your lack of lights, BEFORE, they notice your lack of channels."  So maybe go with 16 channels and 15-20,000 lights for this year, and next year, devide up those lights between more elements and channels.  15,000 lights seems like a lot, but really on a decent size display it can seem sparse.  Last year I had 13,792 lights (Yes I counted), and had 64 channels.  I had tons of channels of control, but at times it looked really sparse.  Especially my mega tree.  It only had 1,200 m5 mini's.  I would have liked to tripple that count, but it was what I had for the season.  Don't tell my wife, but I do hope to add another 2,400 lights to my mega tree for this year.