Light-O-Rama Forums

lms files reading on one computer but not the other

mcdemarcay

I was running 3.7 (Advanced) version on a Win7PC and created several sequence files last year. In the last two weeks started creating some new sequences and wanted to access them from a different Win8PC. I downloaded the latest software 3.9 version (Advanced) on the Win8PC and tried to open the newly created lms files but they do not show up in the Existing Sequences list in LOR.  The older lms sequence files from last year show and open, but not the two new ones. So I went back to the Win7PC and they still open just fine. I upgraded the software on the Win7PC to 3.9 version as well but it did not resolve the issue.  

I am using the Public/Documents directory on the Win7PC and that is also where the Win8PC LOR defaults to as well for opening/saving files across the home network.  I have also confirmed the files are there in Windows Explorer.

Another point is if I create a new sequence on the Win8PC I can then go to the Win7PC and open it just fine so the directories are correct.  It is just a one way problem when creating new sequences on the Win7PC that they don't show on the Win8PC. 

Are the Imported Sequences in the Win8 machine in the the same folder as the ones you created on that machine? and insure they are not in subfolders in the original folder.

If you are storing the files in a single location (ie, one of the two computers) then it sounds as if one of the computers is not looking in that single location you wish to store the files.

I would double (and triple) check that you are storing the files where you really think you are storing them. You may consider resetting your default directories, as they may not be where you think they are.