Light-O-Rama Forums

ip address

Dennis Laff

Hi need a little help. just got Jousha sys ecg-d2 having trouble with ip address my computer address is 10.0.0.3 and default for ecg-2 is 10.10.10.10 do I need to change ecg address to match computer I can"t get Jousha configuration to open to set ecg up. THANKS Dennis

Your pc's nic needs to be in the same ip range as the controller so if your leaving your controllers ip at 10.10.10.10 then your pc needs to be 10.10.10.XXX with the X's being anything in the range of 1-255 but not the same as your controller. I recommend you set the pc to 10.10.10.50 then try logging into your controller again.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by harrison0550

In the end it is all about the subnet mask. If you use the windows default for a 10.x.x.x network, which is 255.0.0.0 only the first octet needs to match.

If you have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the first three have to match, so setting your computer to 10.10.10.x will solve the access issue.

In windows networking you can actually set multiple IP addresses by going to "advanced" settings.

If you want to keep your original IP, just add the 10.10.10.x as a second IP. In this case you need to make sure, to set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and you should be able to access the j1sys...

• Like 1

Well I finally got to configuration screen hit wrong button now its says reset device and invoke bootloader invalid password. anyone know how to do this on jousha sys ecg-d2 thanks again Dennis

Well I finally got to configuration screen hit wrong button now its says reset device and invoke bootloader invalid password. anyone know how to do this on jousha sys ecg-d2 thanks again Dennis

Do you have the UBL? The password should be admin.

Hi when I connect to bootloader its says reset device first it will not connect util device is reset don't know how to reset device yet

In the configuration screen, did you select " Reboot Master". You should then be prompted for name and password. Put admin for password and it should reset

In the configuration screen, did you select " Reboot Master". You should then be prompted for name and password. Put admin for password and it should reset

I messed up!!! Leave password blank and put admin for username

I tried that password won't work how do I reset device ecg-d2 can't connect to bootloader it says reset device

You only need the bootloader if you need to update the devices firmware. If you purchased the D2 anytime in the last 6 months it should already have the newest firmware on it. Did you watch the video I posted above? The video is for the P2 but the network settings are exactly the same.

I watched  it 4 or 5 times i'll watch it again see if I missed anything  thanks very much for your help don't mean to be a pain

No worries. Your not being a pain at all, happy to help. The ubl only needs to be used for updating firmware or if by some chance you change the ip of the device and dont remember what it is you can plug it up via usb and load the ubl to see what it is. To reset the device you need to be able to log into it and click on "reboot master". It wouldnt hurt to go ahead and power cycle the D2 and start over. Also if you have the LOR control panel running make sure you unload it before logging into the controller. Leaving the control panel on during setup has been known to make things go a little strange.

;)

If you cant get it running tomorrow jump into the aussie Christmas lighting chat room and there are several of us with D2's that can walk you through it step by step. If you are able to get into the web config the settings will look like this.........

admin%201.jpg