Light-O-Rama Forums

New Kit Build and no channels work

jamihal

Hi all, just completed a CTB16Kpcv1 kit, connected this up to the hardware utility. At this point everything looks good, software locates unit, light go solid, but there is no power to the outlets. Looking over the trouble shooting guide, things look as expected, but no lines work. i have power to the center lesd of the triacs. I even tried running the firmware update, which loaded fine, but still no line power. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

I am using the hardware utility to test this controller and yes I have 4 other working controllers.

Picture help, I noticed no Hot AC lead on the right side. Do you have only one AC hot lead jumpered to both sides of the controller? The left side will work with one but you need to have an additional AC line or the left side jumped to the right side.

Picture help, I noticed no Hot AC lead on the right side. Do you have only one AC hot lead jumpered to both sides of the controller? The left side will work with one but you need to have an additional AC line or the left side jumped to the right side.

Should have looked a little closer to the photo, it was the HOT JUMPER terminal not the HOT INPUT terminal I saw.

What ID# is the unit set too?

Edited by Dennis Cherry

As you have four working controllers, do you have the "Basic Plus" version of the software?

This version will only allow you to control four controllers, and they have to be numbered 01, 02, 03 or 04. The "Standard" version will allow eight controllers (numbered from 01 to 08) and the "Advanced" version does not specify a maximum number of controllers.

Regards,

Alan.

Edited by Alan C

I would check grounding pole make sure all grounds are tight and connected and it looks like some for the black wires are not on tight I might be mistaken, Like #14 looks loose, but dbl check your rj45 connection wire make sure it works I had to remake mine my testing one it my fault was wired wrong I crossed over the wrong color by oops

I checked my cable with one of my existing controllers and this works fine. Guess its time to disasemble to review the back side. Will send more pictures when I can pull apart. Thanks for the info so far.

Guest Don Gillespie

I checked my cable with one of my existing controllers and this works fine. Guess its time to disasemble to review the back side. Will send more pictures when I can pull apart. Thanks for the info so far.

Did you check your fuses?

When you say you don't have power to the outlets are you using a volt meter to test for power?

Have you tried conencting a string of lights? Perferably mini's or C-7/9's.

I have connected the same sting of lights that i tested on a second controller. And the string of lights work on the second controller but, still not on this one.

Hey all, I got it working. I had the resistors R5 and R31 crossed.I guess a little dyslexia took over and being hard to see did not help here. I started to go over all my connections again, before this looked like it could have been incorrect. Again, thank you all for your assistance.