Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Christmas Tree

kryolla

I bought a single singing christmas tree from holiday coro. How does everyone put the lights on them, do you use rope or strings. Also what colors are you using and are you using any caps for the colors or just colored strings/ropes? Thanks

Howdy,

Just a thought, it depends on what you want the tree to do.... If you want changing colors, go for the LED Strips or strings...if you want individual pixel control, then go for the smart strings. The smart string are a bit more expensive, but you do save on the electric bill, or you can add more. :) Whereas the Ropes are standard AC current. :)

Kip

David I wish I would of known about that I would of bought it and the lights. Do you know where I can get the sequences for these trees? Thanks

Edited by kryolla

David I wish I would of known about that I would of bought it and the lights. Do you know where I can get the sequences for these trees? Thanks

Unfortunatly it isn't quit that simple, purchasing singing tree sequences........I have the tree quartet and started out purchasing sequences and for various reasons they don't necessaraly match up with your song then it takes a ton massaging to work them in sooooo I feel with the time invested might as well start from scratch ...Unless you start with the tree part and work the rest of your display around that. I have about 30 tree sequences and found that doing your own sequencing to match your songs is the best way to go.

I hope I explained this correctly if not Pm me...Just tryin' to save you some time and aggravation like I had

gmac thanks, what songs are you incorporating your singing tree and what colors did you make your trees? I was also wanting to do a voice over and using the singing tree to introduce everyone to the show and also to say thanks, merry christmas and goodbye.

Edited by kryolla

I made the Trees outline GREEN.........The Eyes BLUE........The 5 Mouth positions White Here are the songs I did so far

All I want for Christmas is You...Christmas Dont be Late-Chipmunks...Christmas Song....Christmas Vacation...
Coming Home for Christmas...Disco Santa...Do You Hear What I Hear...Dominic the Donkey...Dreamin of a White Christmas
Dreams of Fire Flys...Feakin Jingle Bells...Feliz Navadad-BoneyM...Feliz Navidad...Frosty the Snowman...
Gangam Style...Grandma got Runover...Holiday Road...Holly Jolly Christmas...Jingle Bell Rock- Randy Travis...
Jingle Rock Anthem...Last Christmas...Little St. Nick...Marys Boy Child-O My Lord...Mr Snow- Mr Heat Miser...
Must be Santa...Nuttin for Christmas...Pretty Paper...Run Run Rudolph...Say Merry Christmas...
Sleigh Ride...Takin Care of Christmas...We Need a Little Christmas...Winter Wonderland...We Need a Little Christmas...

These took me almost all of last year to do. Heres a look at them in action

https://vimeo.com/56260292

Edited by gmac
  • Like 1

Thanks for the vid. I think im going to go with the same colors. Green and Blue LED and white incans. I also found some sequences on holiday coro website which I thought were holiday albums instead. I installed the frame this weekend with 2x2s (2x4 ripped in half).

Hi Kryolla,

last year i used the singing trees from holiday coro for the first time, i bought one at full price liked it so much that i bought 2 more in the off-spec section practically good as new just had to drill some of the holes threw to the other side. I used the sequences from David as well just modified them to fit 3 faces instead of 4, this year i will do a couple of my own tunes as well as i had plenty of good compliments on them.   I also use the pumpkin faces at holloween although i do it every other year, just to mix it up a little.

The coro is easy to work with just standard leds or incans work fine and are easy to store afterwards.

Martinmc I have one brand new holiday coro Christmas tree never used will sell for $25.00 let me know if interested Dennis Laff

I made the Trees outline GREEN.........The Eyes BLUE........The 5 Mouth positions White Here are the songs I did so far

All I want for Christmas is You...Christmas Dont be Late-Chipmunks...Christmas Song....Christmas Vacation...

Coming Home for Christmas...Disco Santa...Do You Hear What I Hear...Dominic the Donkey...Dreamin of a White Christmas

Dreams of Fire Flys...Feakin Jingle Bells...Feliz Navadad-BoneyM...Feliz Navidad...Frosty the Snowman...

Gangam Style...Grandma got Runover...Holiday Road...Holly Jolly Christmas...Jingle Bell Rock- Randy Travis...

Jingle Rock Anthem...Last Christmas...Little St. Nick...Marys Boy Child-O My Lord...Mr Snow- Mr Heat Miser...

Must be Santa...Nuttin for Christmas...Pretty Paper...Run Run Rudolph...Say Merry Christmas...

Sleigh Ride...Takin Care of Christmas...We Need a Little Christmas...Winter Wonderland...We Need a Little Christmas...

These took me almost all of last year to do. Heres a look at them in action

https://vimeo.com/56260292

I will highly recommend getting some of these from Gene. I know he wiil sell them and they are cheap. I got 5 of them from him and all I can say is "OUTSTANDING JOB".

Thanks I didnt know Gene sells them I will def get with him..Do you guys use any glue to keep the lights in the hole?

kryolla-   I only have experience using the pumpkin faces and M5/M6 LED's.   The LED's fit very tightly into the holes and no glue was needed at all.  Plan very carefully where all the different bulbs are going so the plugs end up in convenient/logical areas.   Repeated pushing a bulb in and out of a hole may open the hole so it doesn't hold the bulb might be fixed with a drop of hot glue.

Guys, this is good informative post. I have just purchased my first singing faces. (the singing trees) and now need to purchase the LED's anyone have any suggestions on where to find a deal on the M5 or M6 LED's? Also wondered if you guys use popagyao of what is the best/easiest way to create a few sequences for them. Thanks in advance for any and all help

Guys, this is good informative post. I have just purchased my first singing faces. (the singing trees) and now need to purchase the LED's anyone have any suggestions on where to find a deal on the M5 or M6 LED's? Also wondered if you guys use popagyao of what is the best/easiest way to create a few sequences for them. Thanks in advance for any and all help

check Holiday light express for lights.. they have a sale for a few more days

check Holiday light express for lights.. they have a sale for a few more days

Thanks Mafia I appreciate the response. Those are some great deals. They don't even have a min order quantity!!!! I can order exactly what i need.