Light-O-Rama Forums

PS1 and LOR 3.7 Advanced

csimmon5

Just got my PS1 in today and now I am lost....I don't even know where to begin to add it into my whole setup and start programming....I have a CCR and CCPs so I have sequences.  Help me please!!

a ps1 is a sandevice with power supply in a enclosure I believe its a e682

it controls 16 different strips if I am right

a ps1 is a sandevice with power supply in a enclosure I believe its a e682

it controls 16 different strips if I am right

correct

The PS1 is a E682 in  a case pre setup with dongles.  That being said I would assume it would also be capable of the newest firmware allowing 12 universes instead of the current 6.  That aside setup in LOR is easy.  Mind you 1.31 with the E682 as with all 1.31 pixel controllers an Advanced license level.

You need to add each universe as if it were a device.  Click on the very first or very last channel, you dialogs should be something along the lines of insert device below, or insert device above.  Choose where ever you want to add the device.  These will be DMX universes, so add your universe, the amount of channels you plan to run on it, remember a pixel is 3 channels, and the maximum you can fit in a universe is 170 pixels or 510 channels.  Then add your next till you use all the proper universes, keep the numbers of the universes in order and life will be happy.

Next setup you have to open the LOR control panel and add those universes to the network config page.  Add each universe number as a 1.31 device and if you haven't updated to the latest firmware, you will choose multicast.  You should not type in a IP number.  If you have to you did something wrong unless you have the 12 universe firmware.  Save everything, close all LOR programs.  Reopen sequence editor and get to playing.

The PS1 is a E682 in  a case pre setup with dongles.  That being said I would assume it would also be capable of the newest firmware allowing 12 universes instead of the current 6.  That aside setup in LOR is easy.  Mind you 1.31 with the E682 as with all 1.31 pixel controllers an Advanced license level.

You need to add each universe as if it were a device.  Click on the very first or very last channel, you dialogs should be something along the lines of insert device below, or insert device above.  Choose where ever you want to add the device.  These will be DMX universes, so add your universe, the amount of channels you plan to run on it, remember a pixel is 3 channels, and the maximum you can fit in a universe is 170 pixels or 510 channels.  Then add your next till you use all the proper universes, keep the numbers of the universes in order and life will be happy.

Next setup you have to open the LOR control panel and add those universes to the network config page.  Add each universe number as a 1.31 device and if you haven't updated to the latest firmware, you will choose multicast.  You should not type in a IP number.  If you have to you did something wrong unless you have the 12 universe firmware.  Save everything, close all LOR programs.  Reopen sequence editor and get to playing.

Thanks....I will mess with it when I get home :)

I'm ordering 2- PS1 and 2- Elors before long. If all goes to plan I will run these through my LOR DC-MP3 which I have upgraded the MP3 to the G3-MP3 Director. I hoping for big things to happen.