Light-O-Rama Forums

How do update colors on sequence converted from single channel to RGB chan

dmoore

I am going to be converting a lot of "singing character" sequences from single color channels to RGB channels.  When I convert over the channel, it comes in as red or other colors that I don't want.  I'd like to be able to use the toggle function but have it convert to the colors I want but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.  Here is a sample of what I am attempting to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhv92HwfGA

Thanks!

David

You can expand each rgb channel, select the red row, copy and paste down twice, into the green and blue row. That way you can do a row at a time instead of each effect. It's a lot of work, but that's the only way I've been able to do it. Maybe someone who has found a more efficient way will chime in.

"Paste Multiple" can help here too.  Paste it 3 times vertically for every single->RGB conversion.

For the basic colors Red, Blue,Green and White. I used the following to comvert from single color lights to RGB.

Set Paste to Paste from foreground.  This will prevent any cell that has a color in it from being changed.

Expand the rgb colors so you you access to each of the three colors.

Copy the White from the original sequence.  You must do this before the red, green and blue below!

Paste to the Red, Blue and Green channels.  Three different pastes, of the same data.

Copy the Red from the original to the Red of the RGB

The same for the Green and Blue.

Important thing is to have paste from background ON.

This will duplicate those original colors to RGB colors.

No so simple for combination colors (purple, Orange etc).

If you have a lot of strings to do

make a track (copy to track) with just the red, just the blue and just the green from the rgb colors in the same order as the original colors.  This will allow you to make milti line paste saving a lot of time (beyone creating the tracks).  Once complete delete the split up tracks you just made.

Edited by jerrymac