Light-O-Rama Forums

making the lights move to the words in the song

066.0gto

i am getting a santa face so you can see him talking. what is the best way in the sequence editor to make the lights move to the words? i have not found anything on here about it. any help would work!

Depends on what type of face you have. Is it the Santa that his mouth is either open or closed or the more complex with small mouth, med mouth, large mouth, I mouth and relaxed? If the latter Papagayo is a great program (some find it complex to use but if u watch the videos it should come to you). If the open/closed I would just use the tapper wizard and tap out the words and have it place the marks in the channel for your mouth movements.

i also had questions on this topic, so i bought a sequence from kevin's store to see how a master does it. worked for me!! :D

I previously used what you would call a "simple mouth". I added two dead channels under the fixture that I called mouth open & mouth closed. Then I marked out the syllables as they were spoken. To make it work, the mouth would open and close for each syllable.

Check out the "Ghostbuster" video on my website.