Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer and Sequencer running on dual computers

jamihal

Can the Visualizer and sequencer programs be run on 2 different computers? I have 2 older computers networked together and would like to be able to run these accross my network. I this is possible, how do i configure the software to allow this? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is possible.

Obviously you'll need the software installed on both computers. In the Sequence Editor click 'Edit -> Preferences -> Visualizer Preferences' and put in the local IP address of the other computer.

In the Visualizer, (on the other computer) you will want to go to File -> Options -> Com/Ref tab, and select the network card from the drop-down. When you have selected it, make sure the IP shown there on screen matches what you just put in on the visualizer.

Can the Visualizer and sequencer programs be run on 2 different computers? I have 2 older computers networked together and would like to be able to run these accross my network. I this is possible, how do i configure the software to allow this? Thanks in advance.

Just follow Don's instructions.  I do it all the time and it sure is nice being able to do it that way.