Light-O-Rama Forums

must be sick cant stop love doing it

james morris

I cant stop making halloween sequenxes just finished phyco killer talking heads will have about 25 more shortley also finished bad things, ghost and things,  celaberation, everybody have fun, eye of the tiger, juke box hero, bring me to life .

Haven't even touched any sequences this year {2013} and am probably NOT going to even bother doing a show for Halloween or Christmas this year {2013}.  Just not in the mood to do any of it for this year.   So even though I have a lot of new songs I could do, I'm just not feeling like doing anything at all for 2013.    Maybe 2014.   But looks like 2013 is going to be a dark season for my house.   Not even going to do a static display.

Edited by Orville

sorry to here that always liked  your work would like to know what new songs you were going to do you always find strange stuff

sorry to here that always liked  your work would like to know what new songs you were going to do you always find strange stuff

Two songs I had thought about doing were: "Witches Dance Floor", which is also called Hexentanzplatz, "Witches Dance Floor" is definitely easier to remember!  Although I don't recall the artist name for that one.  This one is also 4:20 minutes long.  So would need to be possibly shortened down.

The other I was thinking of is: "Shadows Still the Light" also known as "Death's Lullabye" by Lord Alexian.   The Death's Lullaby is available from CDBaby.  This is a very long song too, around 6:49 minutes long.  When I'm ready to work on this one, going to have to try and see how well I can shorten it, and also keep it's integrity intact.  This one will definitely take some work to get it shortened.

I think Witches Dance Floor was either iTunes or Amazon where I got it from.   Can't recall as most, if not the majprity of my music usually comes from CDBaby, but occasionally I use iTunes or Amazon for something..

thank you Oliver I have made a lot of new sequences would you like me to send you some of them

So what's draggin ya down, if I may ask?  Usually you're pretty gun ho.

Brother in law that lives with us has been in and out of hospitals consistently, now home, but being he is a double amputee {left leg amputated from knee down, right foot half amputated} and now legally blind and having to do dialysis due to kidney failure 3 times a week isn't helping any.  My wife has to wait on him, take him to his dialysis and other doctor appointments is definitely taking a toll on her and us, plus we now have my 25 year old nephew living with us and he has Tourettes Syndrome really bad, which gets to be very distracting and quite annoying.

Then to top that off, my eldest cat, that used to be my avatar, had to be euthanized on March 13, 2013, he was 18.5 years old, however, his demise was due to a misdiagnosis and incorrect treatment which caused his lymph nodes around both his lungs and his heart to matastisize {sp?}, which caused severe fluids to accumulate in his abdomen, left and right chest cavities around his heart.   The new vet we took him too found all these issues {the original vet MISSED entirely} and tried his damndest to save him.  But he could no longer maintain his body temperature outside an environmentally controlled cubicle, plus the fluids in his right chest, as soon as they were drained, wouid refill up almost immediately.

So 2013 has just been a horrible year for my family in general, including a very loved pet that could have possibly lived another 3 to 5 years if it had not of been for the original vets misdiagnosis, invasive procedure and incorrect treatment.

So this has just got me to the point of not even fooling with anything this year, I just don't have the spirit to do anything at all this year, not even a small static display from all that has and is still going on with others,   Plus my wife has been ill with a severe stomach bacteria that was life threatening, fortunately that's been corrected, but the initial treatment had her in the E.R. far too often because come to find out the meds they gave her she was severely allergic too.  It's just been one disaster after another.

So I'm just not in the mood to fool with light shows, sequences or much of anything in 2013.  I have a controller I needed to send to LOR to see if they could repair it, but I just haven't been able to send it in, just don't have the funds needed to send it in and then have it shipped back, then if it couldn't be repaired, couldn't replace it with the deal they offer.

Not after having $800 in vet bills to try and save Timone, our cat, let alone the medical debts I have to pay for my wife who is unemployed and has no insurance to cover those expenses.   And that $800 doesn't even cover the $300+ I spent at the vet that misdiagnosed him in the first place.

Now you know why I'm just not really feeling like even doing a light show or a static display for 2013.  Just completely not in the mood to deal with it or any issues working on and setting one up this year.

Initially at the beginning of the year I was thinking and drawing out plans for the 2013 show, but from all this, I've just decided to stay away from all of it this year.

Edited by Orville

• 1 month later...

sorry to here this take a break and come back fresh for 2014 just keep in touch

Thanks James.

I have been working on editing a lot of songs I wanted to shorten down a bit, my wife is trying to talk me into doing a very small show, just to have something in the yard or on/around the house.  So I'm trying to work on a 16 or possibly 32 channel small display for 2013 Halloween.  Although not too sure I'll get it done.   I'm going to be travelling to Asheville, N.C. in late July to do some photography and videography work for a guy I help out from time to time.

I also shortened down Hexentanzplatz {Witches Dance Floor} from over 4 minutes to 2 minutes 52 seconds and even kept the integrity of the song, if you never heard the original version of the song {instrumental}, you'd think my edited version was actually uncut.  I did a really great job on shortening it, just wish I could have gotten down to around 1:30, but because of the tune/beat{?} of the song, 2:52 was the best option to maintain the music's integrity.

Well I've got a few sequences started for Halloween and have a nice little work area in my new shed out back for testing, that's so I don't drive anyone nuts in the house, so in a bit I'll be off to go work on some things for a small 2013 show, that is, after checking through a few more things on-line.

P.S. BTW: We went from 2 cats to 1 cat for a bit, then back to 2 cats, and now we have 3 cats!  Crazy story about that too, but that's for another time and another topic. LOL

Edited by Orville