16 Channel LOR

Jeff A. Galbreath

Jeff A. Galbreath

May sound dum but how many lights can a 16 Channel LOR can Handle?? Iam puting 3,000 lights 100ct lights mini trees on it is that okay??

What board are you using. Some boards are rated at 15 amps per side (chanels 1 -8 and 9-16), others are rated at 20 amps per side. Also, I believe you can not have more than 8 amps total per board. Most mini lights are somewhere around .35 amps so I think you will be fine.

Guest wbottomley

Jeff A. Galbreath wrote:

LOR 160 2w

.30 amps Target Brand Lights

When the 1602W's are shipped, they come setup for 15 amps per side. Now the max per channel is 8 amps. So if you were running 6 amps per channel, you would blow a fuse just on the third channel.

On my controllers, I'm running somewhere between 0 and 3 amps (max) per channel.

Look at the tag on the end of the lights. It should have the amperage rating there. I know the average is .33 amps per 100ct. If you multiply .33 by 30, that gives 9.9 amps per controller. Divide that by 2 and you're using nearly 5 amps per side (1-8 & 9-16). I would say that is safe as safe can be.

Give yourself a "safety factor" for your controllers too. If set for 15 amps, a fator of 20% or 3 amps is a good engineering practice to adhere to (net 12 amps per controller).

I'd also look at the LOR Wiki ... there is information there in the FAQ that addresses this.