Light-O-Rama Forums

Help

nsterzenbach

My old laptop, where I have been using LOR is getting close to dying. I have a new ASUS Netbook that I wanted to install the software on and am having a lot of problems.  

I downloaded the latest version from LOR. When I open Sequence Editor it asks me to register. I enter the License Key and it tells me this license doesn't cover this version, purchase license or install earlier version. 

So I install v3.1.4, which is the version on my old laptop. When I open Sequence Editor it says Failed to load control. Version may be outdated. When I open the control panel it says failed to activate control VB.UserControl. This control may be incompatible with your application. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application. 

I have been a Mac person for the last 4 years. So I am not as familiar with PCs as I used to be. I only use a PC for LOR. It now appears that whenever I open LOR on my old laptop it freezes and tells me something about an incorrect Serial Port.

Please help if you can, I beg of you. At the moment nothing works! 

It would probably be best if you ran the LOR registry cleaner for the version that you installed.

Which version of the LOR software did you install? If you can let me know, I can get you the link for that version of the software.

Once you do that, then you should be able to install the 3.1.4 version of software and not run into the problems.

I installed the latest version, 3.9 I think, first. Then I uninstalled that and installed 3.1.4. When it didnt work I uninstalled it as well. Does that make sense?

Thanks. Did that. Successfully cleared the registry for both versions. Then downloaded 3.1.4. Registered the License Key all was going well. Then opened sequence editor and control panel and got the exact same error messages. 

LOR was able to help me after SEVERAL back and forth interactions. Just wanted to post a note thanking them for their outstanding customer service. They were attentive and willing to do what was needed to make sure I got the help I needed. 

Thank you!

Very satisfied customer.