Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Time Director vs PC

coronabob

I have been running controllers from the PC for a number of years now. I am contemplating changing to a show time director. I used to run my show from PC in garage in So. Cal. Now I am in Nor Cal and the computer is in office not in garage. So cables and logistics are a little different.

I run 8 1602, 4 CCRs and 4 CCBs. I contacted help desk and the new Director will run what I have. I am just curious about what you all think of Director VS PC.

I hope to score on the sale Monday, so I want to get some ideas.

Thanks.

I have run several of the LOR Director cards with great success.

They even have an option of selecting one of several shows from your SD card; you can put test sequences and different shows on the same SD card.

Get out your little screwdriver and dial in which show you want to run.

I have not tried the new G3 version, tho.

Thanks. I am adding another controller also. So I think I will go with professional series and get the controller and the Director in one unit. Can't go wrong there, I would think.

This will be my 8th year, never tried P.C. Only great things to say about the director.
I do plan on using the G3 version as My show is growing in leaps and bounds using WS2811 pixels .

My first year also using Super Star. I like it! Happy sequencing!

That's great to hear. I think that using the Pro Series controller will give me the best of both worlds, if I run into any problems. I have been retired for a couple of years and trying to get new home going and new show layout. It sounds like what I need. I have 4 CCR hoops that worked great, but had 4 CCP controllers and strings that acted up. That is why I am thinking about getting rid of computer and extra cat5 running through walls etc. KISS.

I love superstar. With my hoops and visualizations, great show coming again next year. Instant sequence is cool when you get behind the 8 ball.

Thanks for input.

• The topic was locked