Light-O-Rama Forums

Spring Sale Announced

Santas Helper

With a minute and 49 seconds until the sale began, my router decided it didn't want to work anymore!!!  I had to make a mad dash up stairs and re-wire the internet straight into my desktop.  I managed to get it wired up, website pulled up, and purchased 1 ready to go controller, 2 partially assembled controllers, and 2 CCR's.  Not to bad for not having internet with a minute to go!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john fulkerson

• Bob Hall

• Ken Benedict

• gc75067

Got 3 CTB16PC controllers and the Basic Plus Starter Package in the first minute of the sale. No issues here either, thankfully! Now, I've got to totally rethink my show as I had been planning on 32 channels and have ended up with 48. Time for more lights!

For a first timer, not bad, got 4 controllers and 2 CCPs (what I wanted) and checked out at 'Date    Mon Apr  1 21:01:16 EDT 2013' according to the email.

Now the real work continues :blink:

i already had my order ready before 9pm  i hit the refresh button at 9:01 made the order complete and that was it

Ah, this is where you messed up. You cant add it to your cart until after the sale tarts. Earlier in the day I put something in my cart and when through checkout stopping just short of purchasing. I do this so I can be faster when checking out. Then during the sale I saw the that the item I added before was still there and at retail price. I deleted it and continued. Items added to the cart before the sale started do not get the sales price.

Ah, this is where you messed up. You cant add it to your cart until after the sale tarts. Earlier in the day I put something in my cart and when through checkout stopping just short of purchasing. I do this so I can be faster when checking out. Then during the sale I saw the that the item I added before was still there and at retail price. I deleted it and continued. Items added to the cart before the sale started do not get the sales price.

agreed.  he may have used the email link he received and clicked on the controllers tab instead of the sale tab.  the "add to cart" buttons were disabled in the sale tab until 9pm.

OK; how many people actually got CCR's or CCP's or CCF's?

Just curious.

I placed my order from my smart phone... had to fill out the forms and everything.. took 12 minutes from start to finish... got my order ing

this year is just back up equipment:

1xCCP

1x16ch controller

1x usb dongle

Edited by Crazydave

Happens every year, every year same answer, until the countdown clock (nice addition) reachs zero and the buy buttons appear no products can be put in your cart, unless you are ordering cables, hardware not on sale or software at full price before the sale starts..

I dont understand how it can be messed up the button appears at 9pm EST and press buy now SIMPLE RIGHT !!!!!

Anyhow going from 48 channels to 112 channels AHHHHHHHH finally be able able to do leaping arches the channel hoggers !!!!!!

Also picked up a new G3_MP3 player step up from my mini director.

THE WORST PART ABOUT THE SALE IS GOING THREW YAHOO CHECKOUT... USING PAYPAL.... SLOW IS NOT GOOD WHEN SECONDS ARE TICKING AWAY !!!!!!!!

First time! Got what i wanted, took longer than a minute though! Must have been bigger inventory.

I didn't get the items before 9 I got them from the sale page after I refreshed I believe either it didn't go in right because of so many orders or the pages got mixed up I don't know all I know is I am not paying full price I will cancel I really wanted the items but oh well like I said not paying full price

I was in the sale last year got all I ordered and at the sale price it was great but now kinda aggrevated

We have never seen the store make a mistake with items and prices. Sale items have special codes on them so we can tell them apart from the regular items. But we do get a number of issue during the sale due to the hectic nature of things. Anyone with an order placed during the sale, that did not purchase sale items will be contacted.

i already had my order ready before 9pm  i hit the refresh button at 9:01 made the order complete and that was it

How did "...order ready before 9pm"?

Before 9:00 you couldn't order any of the sale items.

I didn't partake this year becasue I'm good for equipment but I say this every year and I'll say it again: LOR (or any supplier) doesn't have to hold ANY sales.  FOr those that got in, bought inventory (using the right process) and saved some dough, congratulations!  For those that didn't like the prices, didn't get what they wanted, didn't get their order processed correctly: it's unfortunate but it is what it is.  It's called the "Mad Grab Sale" for a reason.  

Wait until the summer sale- you'll still save some cash (although some of you have heard/read my diatribes about that as well.  Many people have such a sense of entitlement when it comes to the summer LOR sale that, were I Dan, I wouldn't bother with it anymore.  Too much of a headache to listen to the upset folks).

THANK YOU Dan and LOR for the sales you do and the money it save everyone.  We (should) ALL appreciate it!

i called lor the next day they were very helpful a lot more than some people on here (trying not to be sarcastic lol)

lor and myself sorted out the problems and I am very satisfied with the outcome thanks lor for understanding what the problem was   sorry no more info im not at liberty to completely explain the outcome lol

Ok - less than 1 minute into the sale - and NO CCR's available? REALLY... This is just not right...

I want to update this note to thank a LOR forum member who contacted me to sell CCR's he bought last summer and could not use. I have received them, tested and updated their firmware to the current 1.10.

It turned out to be a very satisifying end result and I am now again on track for Christmas 2013...

• The topic was locked