Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and Paste

sharpsvillelights

Have used LOR sequence editor for years but I am new to Superstar and have a basic question about copy/paste.

In the grid where you design the pixels (I equate this to LOR sequence editor) can you copy and paste to a different part of the grid.

I have made a pattern in the grid and decided I want to move it over a few grids and down.  Is this possible or do I have to redraw the pattern?

There is not a copy paste from one part of the grid to the other. However, there is a way to do what you want to do. I assume you have made a Scene with a particular pattern of squares on the sequencing grid. Do the following:

1) select the Scene

2) In the scene dialog box click on "Group Modify"

3) In the Group Modify dialog box click on "Move Pixels"

4) Click on the arrow buttons to move up/down the number of pixels you want to move up or down. You can do the same with the "Move left/right" arrow buttons.

5) Click on Ok and it will move the pattern of pixels the amount that you told it to move.

Note that you can also select a group of scenes and move the pixels in each one of the scenes by using the "Group Modify" button

• Like 1

Brian,

One more thing about copy paste.  Still trying to get the terminology correct so excuse me if I use the wrong terms.

If I have created a scene or morph that covers several time elements (i.e. seconds) how can I copy them to a new song.

Do I highlight everything I want and save to clipboard.  And then paste from clipboard in the new song?

Yes. And note that SuperStar only allows one song to be loaded at a time, so you will need to do:

1) Select the desired effects. Note you can use Ctrl+click to add or removed selected items to the current selection.

2) Click on the copy button

3) Open the other sequence

4) click on the time ruler where you want the past to begin

5) Click on the paste button

Note that you can also save the clipboard to file by clicking on the Edit menu and selecting "Load/Save Clipboard". Then you can load the saved clipboard file to the clipboard at any time after that.

• Like 1

Great!

I now see the value of using the saved clipboard file.  If I create an affect that I want to use in many different songs the saved clipboard file is a better option than using copy & paste each time.

Thanks!!!

• 3 months later...

Does this option still work in the open beta 3.10.0 version

Because I keep getting the following error message when I copy from one superstar sequence to another different superstar sequence.

Clipboard is empty. To place effects in the clipboard, select one or more effects and press the Cut or Copy buttons on the toolbar

Cheers

John

Never mind. Have to completely close second program to paste into first. I used to be able to have 2 SS programs open and be able to copy from one to the other.

SuperStar does not support copy from one instance of SuperStar to another instance of SuperStar, but it would be a good feature to have and one I will put on my list of things for next year.

Brian,

This is would be greatly appreciated. 

When you have created a great sequence and copy parts into other sequences, its a great time saver.

Also when I bought a sequence from www.superstarlights.com

I was able to copy parts of that and parts of the sample file to make my own unique sequence. 

Its great way to make a awesome sequence using all the tool available

Edited by bbayjohn

• 4 weeks later...

There is not a copy paste from one part of the grid to the other. However, there is a way to do what you want to do. I assume you have made a Scene with a particular pattern of squares on the sequencing grid. Do the following:

1) select the Scene

2) In the scene dialog box click on "Group Modify"

3) In the Group Modify dialog box click on "Move Pixels"

4) Click on the arrow buttons to move up/down the number of pixels you want to move up or down. You can do the same with the "Move left/right" arrow buttons.

5) Click on Ok and it will move the pattern of pixels the amount that you told it to move.

Note that you can also select a group of scenes and move the pixels in each one of the scenes by using the "Group Modify" button

One caveat that I think I found and was wondering if Brian would confirm ...

I have 4, 25 grid programming squares representing 4 arches.

I used the instructions above to copy an alternating color pattern.

Each colored grid square is 3 timing marks and appear something like this..

RORORORORORORORO

OWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Where:

R is the color RED

O is the OFF (no color)

W is WHITE

Problem is if I select both of the line represented above and use GROUP MODIFY to move the effect up, what i get is

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WWWWWWWWWWWWW

I lose the every other blank entry.

I could copy one at a time, but it would be just as easy to recreate the effect on the proper grid (arch)

any ideas?

Bob

I am not able to duplicate the problem. But I probably am not doing the same thing you are.

Are these CCRs? Do you have a matrix of ccrs and also arches made of ccrs? Are you moving scenes from the matrix to the arches?

I may not have conveyed the setup very well.

These are not CCR's. They are two 50 pixel strips (2 arches per strip)

No matrix ...

Trying to create a candy cane effect Red/White alternating back and forth.

How are the two 50 pixel strips appearing on the green sequencing grid? Are they one long row, or two rows?

It might be easiest to email your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it. The visualization file will end with .lee and will be at:

c:\ <your lightorama folder> \ Visualizations \ Editor

Brian,

Thank you for the offer to look at the issues.

I have already "worked around" the issue as discussed, but I will create a sample and send you as I do think there is an issue that you may want to look in to.

As always, you are willing to look in to any and all reported issues/questions. I did not want you to think that I had discarded your offer to take a look ..

I will get you something shortly ..

Bob