Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer, Fixtures, Props Help

Rick64

Newbie here.

When I am in visualizer and I draw a string of lights then the fixture properties box come up. I have the list of channels and fill in the info for it. this works fine. But if I draw some thing else (eyes for singing pumpkin) the box comes up I add to the same fixture and add the channel info to the next assigned channel box. If I do this it will not work. but if I add it as a new fixture it works fine. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks Rick

If I am understanding your question correctly, fixtures can not be added to other fixtures, you need to make a prop and add the fixtures to that prop. Of course I haven't had to make a prop or fixture in a year and a half and I could be full of crap. :D

Create all fixtures, assign channel info and once you have all the fixtures in place, create a prop from those fixtures. Your channels will stay the same. Should work then

The only time you'd ordinarily NOT create a new fixture for each string of lights you're drawing would be if you were adding them to an existing fixture. If you were drawing in the roofline, for instance, and had some gaps that weren't a continuous line, each separate piece you draw could be parts of the same fixture - with the same channel assignment.

Edited by George Simmons