Light-O-Rama Forums

sale

sysco

This was my first Mad Grab and my first controller purchase attempt. I did things a little backwards. Being a career corporate computer support professional I purchased the advance version of the software a couple of months ago. I know, not necessarily very smart to pay full price, but I wanted to get a head start on sequence creation.  

Anyway I was looking at the Pro 1602 and decided the Mad Grab was the time to buy. 

I was aware that I might not be successful but it was going to be fun trying. I loved the anticipation waiting for the final few seconds to tick by... I had already put a USB/RJ45 serial adapter in my cart... At the appointed time - zero hour. I hit the add to cart button on the 1602 and success! 

I am a happy newbie... however I should add that the 1602 did not sale out as fast as I thought it would. 

Anyway, I just thought I would share my first experience and it was a good one. 

This was my first Mad Grab and my first controller purchase attempt. I did things a little backwards. Being a career corporate computer support professional I purchased the advance version of the software a couple of months ago. I know, not necessarily very smart to pay full price, but I wanted to get a head start on sequence creation.  

Anyway I was looking at the Pro 1602 and decided the Mad Grab was the time to buy. 

I was aware that I might not be successful but it was going to be fun trying. I loved the anticipation waiting for the final few seconds to tick by... I had already put a USB/RJ45 serial adapter in my cart... At the appointed time - zero hour. I hit the add to cart button on the 1602 and success! 

I am a happy newbie... however I should add that the 1602 did not sale out as fast as I thought it would. 

Anyway, I just thought I would share my first experience and it was a good one. 

Its OK  Zieghty as the software isnt included in any of the sales so you done the right move anyhow.

As for the 1602 controller it is the top of the line, it is commercial grade meeting all electricial compliance laws for public location useage.(Commercial environments require electrical inspections and many of our ShowTime Pro series controllers are manufactured and shipped with the UL508 certification)

I actually have 2 and compared to my pc ctb16pc residential units they are like the big kids on the block. So thats why the unit didnt sell out as fast most people dont need them for there home based displays.

The sale was great.  I did NOT get everything I wanted, but I got something.  I was prepared for the mad dash, and I don't know how Light-O-Rama could be more fair.  Way to go, Dan.

I can't believe people are actually complaining about a store having a sale and specifically stating the terms of it. Instead of being thankful, people are mad. It's hilarious to me.

Edited by sleepy35758
  • Like 1

Hello

I think it was a great sale and gave a lot of people chance to buy at reduced pricing. I did not have a chance for the mad dash. I had to be in class during the sale. I hope to have another chance at the summer sale.Congradulations to everyone that took the opportunity for the sale.

Edited by ElmerFleenor

What did one pixel say to the other pixel?

Wow this is a long line.....got a light.

Edited by BrianC
  • Like 1

HelloI think it was a great sale and gave a lot of people chance to buy at reduced pricing. I did not have a chance for the mad dash. I had to be in class during the sale. I hope to have another chance at the summer sale.Congradulations to everyone that took the opportunity for the sale.

welcome Elmor

there will be plenty for everyone during the summer sale at a slightly higher price.

Every year there are people that complain about missing out.

I doubt Dan can ever stop the complaining.

Thanks Dan for having these sales!!!

• Like 1

I was order # 791, so of course mine hasn't shipped yet. Did you guys look at the report? What order # were you?

I was order # 791, so of course mine hasn't shipped yet. Did you guys look at the report? What order # were you?

Where are you seeing a three digit order number? All I see on my email is the 20 digit one that starts with yhst.

Where are you seeing a three digit order number? All I see on my email is the 20 digit one that starts with yhst.

edit: Never mind, I see what you're talking about. I was 123.

I'm unclear about this too. Are we talking about the last three digits? My first order was 049, second was 319...

Anyway, it looks like they combined shipping as the costs billed were about $56 less than the shipping on the original order.

I have a question regarding CCRs.  Another vendor sent an email Tuesday offering CCRs at a discounted price.  A little more than last year's LOR Summer sale, but with free shipping.  Are the people who purchase these CCRs afforded the same service and warranty protection as those who buy direct from LOR?

I appreciate the sale as well.  Didn't get all I needed, but had fun trying.  

Thanks

I'm unclear about this too. Are we talking about the last three digits? My first order was 049, second was 319...

Anyway, it looks like they combined shipping as the costs billed were about $56 less than the shipping on the original order.

I think they are looking at the row number if you import into excel, or line number if you use another text editor. I believe the file is sorted by time.

Got notification today that my order shipped.  Was line #203 or 204...can't quite remember.

Can't wait to get the new controller so I can have a nice box to send a controller back for repair that got damaged from Sandy.  Any idea how long turnaround is on

a repair?

Thanks LOR for the opportunity to buy your product at a discount.

Thanks to LOR and having the sale...gotta be quick....oh and thanks to a fast computer, fast Internet connection and fast clicking finger...got the goods arriving on Tuesday! I guess I used that "elbow" method.

I was order  # 220. Mine has shipped set to be here by Monday Evening. Thanks Again LOR for the Sale.