Light-O-Rama Forums

sale

sysco

All, (and Ken)

The comment has been removed from the forums, and a PM sent to the user. Ken is correct, there is no need for name calling.

NEWBIE HERE!  Got the "residential starter package" in December to get familiar with this addicting hobby.  Since then we have picked up around 20,000 mini-lights at after Christmas sales, built a Monkhouse JUMP, two Monkhouse portable holes and a lighted "Merry Christmas" wire frame sign. Was able to get 4 additional controller kits on tonights sale.  So, now we have 80 channels and much more work ahead of us for our first year! :)  

Gee, maybe LOR should give you a heads up that quantities will go very fast by naming it something like:

"Mad Grab Sale"

We can do without these types of comments.

After the sale everyone is on edge. This will do nothing to help the situation. I would kindly ask that you (and all other forum members) refrain from such postings.

After the sale everyone is on edge. This will do nothing to help the situation. I would kindly ask that you (and all other forum members) refrain from such postings.

I agree that "name calling" or being vicious is the wrong way to express feelings. As for this being my first time participating in this mad dash I have to say I wasn't happy with the outcome either. Do I think it's the best way to have repeat customers, by no means. But it's not my business and they do supply a superior plug and play system.

Now in regards of admins saying please Watch the negative posts, this I don't agree with. It's an open forum, which yes is run by lor but is suppose be for the users to express there delights in using it but also there frustrations. You don't see admins jumping on a thread when some is complaining there stuff isn't working. The best way to let people cope or get over frustration is to allow them to speak their mind and express there feelings be it positive or negative. Best way for companies to learn how to improve and grow is not from the people that work there but from the people who buy from them. With the quick response of the forum admin here shows me that they are well aware that maybe this spring sale isn't the best way to drive sales or have returning customers. Just my two cents which is worth a penny to most.

I look forward to the summer sale and hope that there will be a decent discount and that this spring sale wasn't a set up for us to feel good about a $10 discount on ccr if there even in stock or on the sales list

B

well that sucks was in at 3 minutes and all the damn CCR were sold out! 

At 1 minute I ordered and whatever CCR's were gone -

Crowninb: FYI, I'm not an employee of LOR.

Based on past sales, the summer sale will be more than $10 off.

Yes but you are representing them as a forum admin. So even though you are not getting paid you are still looked to with responsibility and power to over see an intricate part of lor business.

• Like 1

I am not sure I see the difference between this comment by Shubb (which apparently wasn't acceptable):

Gee, maybe LOR should give you a heads up that quantities will go very fast by naming it something like:

"Mad Grab Sale"

And this one by Don (who is also LORAdmin, BTW) earlier in the thread (which apparently was acceptable).  I guess sarcasm is only allowed from the "elite" or LOR Partners: 

Anyone know when the lor sale will  be  

I'd bet Dan has an idea, but it hasn't been announced yet.

:rolleyes:

I actually saw nothing wrong with the "Mad grab" post, kind of a catchy name I think.  And by the way,  why does Don have two log in names when I know other people have tried that and got in trouble?????

This sale ALWAYS goes super fast, people should be used to it by now.

I got my ONE CCB and am happy with it, and wouldn't have been too upset if they had ran out. 

I guess one should ask themselves... is saving a little bit of money worth the stress and frustration you will go through if you go to check out and there is no inventory left? The way I see it is this isn't a hobby (hopefully) for someone without some disposable income, and while it is nice to get something on sale, it isn't the end of the world if you have to pay asking price for it.

I actually saw nothing wrong with the "Mad grab" post, kind of a catchy name I think.  And by the way,  why does Don have two log in names when I know other people have tried that and got in trouble?????

This sale ALWAYS goes super fast, people should be used to it by now.

Don has two user names because he wears two hats. One as an admin and one not. The people who get in trouble with two names are usually being sneaky about it. 

The sale does go super fast and there are always people who are upset.

I am not sure I see the difference between this comment by Shubb (which apparently wasn't acceptable):

And this one by Don (who is also LORAdmin, BTW) earlier in the thread (which apparently was acceptable).  I guess sarcasm is only allowed from the "elite" or LOR Partners: 

:rolleyes:

I think it is more of a timing issue than anything else. True that both posts had a tone of sarcasm but as in real estate it is location, location location. When people are upset one needs to temper responses. 

As always there are those who did not get their order in and are upset. As we warn it is bound to happen. We do not have the full stats yet but will post them for people who asked. I do know that CCRs have been mentioned a lot. They sold out fastest this year. 

100 people got in orders for CCRs (actually exactly 100 orders not sure if there are any people who got in two orders). Not a huge number but not what I would consider a rip off. Perhaps it is my fault, I was trying to be nice. The CCRs would have sold out even if I had charged $10 to $20 more for them but perhaps a little slower. However, we had such a good summer sale last year I wanted to give a little back and sweeten the prices a little more in the Mad Grab. It would be hard to make ends meet at LOR if we sold everything at these prices, thus the limits on the sales. 

So we end up with some happy customers and some not so happy. A lot of people do have fun trying but never fun to miss out. 

Dan

Ok everyone.. we were all warned this would be a mad dash.. for those that didin't get their way.. kinda sucks, but too bad.  For those that got want they wanted.. good for you.. I got nothing from the sale... but it sure pains me to read about all those  people complaining about such trivial stuff....

LOR does this for several reasons I would imagine.. and one of those perhaps is to have a bit of fun for those of us that like the challenge and want to give it a try... :D

Those of you the didn't get your way.. don't screw it up for the rest of us.... :angry:

This isn't little league.. everyone doesn't get a trophy... if they did, it really wouldn't mean much.. now would it?   The next sale is coming..   You can buy all the trophies you want there.. because no one loses.... they just cost a little bit more. 

Go back to having fun again! 

Craig

Just my .02 and I fully expect to get flamed for it on this forum:

I've been a LOR user since the mid 2000"s, I don't post often unless I feel passionate about an issue. This is the first year that I've tried to participate in the spring sale and not been able to get what I wanted (DC card for spare). I was bumped out within the first minute as they were sold out and yes I did all the tricks with depositing something into my cart prior to the sale start. I get a "thrill of the chase" feeling during this particular sale as I'm sure other do, but for the life of me I can't understand why it upsets people that don't perceive a win and causes some of the previous negative posts in this thread and one other that cropped up from the sale.

There is another sale and it has been announced and yes it's usually only slightly more expensive, but there is another sale!! Everything is usually on sale (software exception, darn I need a superstar upgrade). The "Glass Half Full" for me is that I can get everything in the summer sale that I want to upgrade too (software ;^) exception) and save on the bulk shipping. Final thought would be to be "Patience my young Jedi, your new toys will come".

Lets go back to having fun and realizing each of our plans for a great 2013/2014.

Cheer

Daryl B.

• Like 1

you GUYS ARE FAST! I was no where as fast BUT i still got what i wanted!!!! :D

As always there are those who did not get their order in and are upset. As we warn it is bound to happen. We do not have the full stats yet but will post them for people who asked. I do know that CCRs have been mentioned a lot. They sold out fastest this year. 

100 people got in orders for CCRs (actually exactly 100 orders not sure if there are any people who got in two orders).

So we end up with some happy customers and some not so happy. A lot of people do have fun trying but never fun to miss out. 

Dan

Honestly, I avoid store sales - I don't like crowds. In this case I got the email announcment while on a trip and had to change my schedule just to be at a computer to participate in this one.  Having read about the frantic rush (sells out in the first 5 minutes), I thought I was doing fine by getting the CCR's in the basket and finishing the order within 1 minute -but then to not get them I was not happy. I want LOR to make money, I just had a very long day and had hoped for some small part of this sale. It was not to be and now I will have to wait again.  In the scheme of life - this is not important, it is simply tiring.

I don't think LOR could have been any more forward and upfront about the sale, It was very clearly a roll-of-the-dice.

I just can't wrap my mind around people expending the effort to complain. That would be complaining at Walmart when the clearance rack is empty......go figure.

I'm just thankful that LOR opens up this opportunity...it's a win-win, They get to reduce excess inventory, we get a chance at a great bargain.

speaking to those of us who have been around for awhile. We know that this sale is a bonus, and sort of a challenge to see who is going to elbow the others out of the slot to acquire items at a deep discount. Well deeper than the summer sale. The newer customers do not seem to understand the purpose of the spring mad grab sale. As Dan just mentioned, it is a bonus to us to get a few things at a deeper sale price. This is a gift.

What I am seeing is that when the child is spared the rod. They become spoiled and loose focus on what a gift is. I wonder, if LOR ceased all sales, would people quit buying their product? I think not. Maybe LOR should quit disappointing their customers and just cease sales so that no ONE person is upset cause they didn't get what they wanted.

As for me, I am fairly sure I have all that I want for awhile. Might pick up a spare DC board and a spare PC board. So, I suppose I no longer have a dog in this race. Just an observation of the Wwaaaa factor.

Edited by Max-Paul
  • Like 1

At least we didn't have to stand outside in 20 degree weather Thanksgiving night in a line around the corner of the store with security guards to keep us from trampling over one another.