Light-O-Rama Forums

sale

sysco

I was starting to wonder myself. Usually by now that question has been asked about a hundred times. It's been real quite this year.

I think it may be quieter this year because many displays are switching to dmx/pixels and selling off LOR items so the demand isnt as great as in the past.

• Like 1

I hear its happening in April, that's an answer I recieved about 3 weeks ago from this forum.  I'm ready to buy now!

The sale has been very unpredictable in past several years, reason unknown.

Years ago it was in April, May. Last year it was around August.

I think Global Warming is having an effect on LOR and their sales.

Not slamming LOR. Just stating an unpredictable sale history, kinda like the weather.

• Like 1

Ok,

I just got back from the doc and he prescribed me some blood pressure meds. Sale?  I can feel my pulse rate starting to get faster already. :-)

(From Dan Baldwin March 29, 2012)

It is fast!

First 100 orders took 44 seconds

Next 100 took 19 seconds (people were warming up)

Next 100 took 24 seconds ( peak was over )...

"There were a total of 905 orders with 700 of them within the first 5 minutes. A total of 2470 items were sold."

Dan

I think that last year, LOR had some major supplier and quality control issues and put all the manpower into that part of the company.

When the sale DID occur, it was over quickly and LOR sold a LOT of product in the first five minutes. Gotta have a quick mouse.

Just for interest's sake, here's Dan Baldwin's Christmas light display from 2005: http://www.lightorama.com/Videos/DB-20051218.wmv

It includes his Chime-o-Matic.

Edited by Ken Benedict

I think that last year, LOR had some major supplier and quality control issues and put all the manpower into that part of the company.

When the sale DID occur, it was over quickly and LOR sold a LOT of product in the first five minutes. Gotta have a quick mouse.

Now the question,

Which sale are we all talkin about?

The spring limited sale ot the summer longer sale? :blink:

Since Dan's reply was in March, it was the Spring limited sale that happened a couple of days before.

The sale is like mirage. It's teased on LOR's homepage the week of, then an email goes out hours before it launches.

It's impossible to prepare for, unfortunately.

The sale is like mirage. It's teased on LOR's homepage the week of, then an email goes out hours before it launches. It's impossible to prepare for, unfortunately.

I have received my email.  It's on.    :D

This is the you snooze you loose sale. Did you have to let the cat out of the hat? Look now we have that many more people who you are going to have to compete against to get one of those controllers at the sale.

Good luck all, cause them controllers are all mine. [evil laugh]..

• Like 1

I'm a newbie to LOR and I can't wait for the sale I've been hearing so much about!!  Let the addiction begin!

• Like 1