Light-O-Rama Forums

Retiring in 2013

columbus27

Retiring 60" wreath, and changing the mega tree over to dumb RGB strips. The rest of the changes are additions...

I DID retire...late 2012, just so I could be a newbie in this LOR world.

Have been building up my supply of 'stuff' (thanks to George and others) and am curretly building various different components. Hopefully things will all come together for 2013....I think they will since my wife tells me "most people are taking their 'stuff' down now and you are putting them up!" I am simply trying to make sure things will all fit and work as planned. Have to get it done b4 the golf courses open!!!! That goes till October at least!

• 4 weeks later...

Retiring some incands on the house along with rope lights this year. Moved over to the RGB world this year with a 180 Pixel tree and Seizure star. Windows,shutters,door,roof outline and pillar's are now RGB. Still over 500 channels of LOR but will reduce that in 2014 when most light will need to be replaced. Retired laptop and building a jam up system to run this show.

Jeff

I knew gangnam style was only gonna be a one season song. 2013 will my 2nd season so I.wont retire any props or lights ill be growing

• 2 weeks later...

What are you retiring in 2013.  I am retiring my singing pumpkins in my Halloween display.  And all LMFO songs.  

Do you want to sell your singing pumpkins?

I'll be retiring quite a few sequences, some veteran mini trees, four 9-channel poles, four arches, quite a bit of ropelight, and another couple dozen incandescent strings.

I'm also moving more into RGB, but I use it mostly for eye candy.  I'll always have primarily traditional lights (soon all LED) in the display because it's what I like.  And to be blunt, I really haven't seen very many all-RGB displays (obviously excepting Geoff's) that I've liked all that much.  But then I haven't gotten used to the gagman stuff either...

Here is an all LED display.... Just got the LOR controller this week and brought in a few stage lights (DMX) Nothing is moving yet, but the display is still up.

post-9913-0-24418400-1367066029_thumb.jp

post-9913-0-59212700-1367066032_thumb.jp

post-9913-0-10809500-1367066034_thumb.jp

Incan strings at different spots and my 4 arches which will be replaced for bigger arches with RGB pixels.