Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Pixel Setup ZIP for 4 Universes of 12X50 Count Strings

funkymzk

Hey Everyone!

Here's some templates to help you on your pixel adventures.

All the taste and half the calories! which pretty much equates to all the fun and none of the work :)

These are for 50 Count RGB PIXEL strings or ribbons. 150 DMX channels per string.

I'm hoping to do some pixels myself this year. Leaning toward the Joshua 1 Systems E1.31 stuff and some pixels from Ray Wu.

To make it easy to sequence, I made up some files I would like to share with the community.

There seems to be a lot of people having trouble with building props, visualizer files, setting up channels etc...

This pack should make it a little easier and give you some insight.

It will allow you to sequence a 12x50 grid of RGB pixel strings in super star and then export out of super star into the visualizer with channels and names in place.

I've also included single string props so you can add them to YOUR visualizer files and build tree's, signs, outline houses etc..

• String 1: Universe 1 Channels 1-150
  • String 2: Universe 1 Channels 151-300
  • String 3: Universe 1 Channels 301-450
  • String 4: Universe 2 Channels 1-150
  • String 5: Universe 2 Channels 151-300
  • String 6: Universe 2 Channels 301-450
  • String 7: Universe 3 Channels 1-150
  • String 8: Universe 3 Channels 151-300
  • String 9: Universe 3 Channels 301-450
  • String 10: Universe 4 Channels 1-150
  • String 11: Universe 4 Channels 151-300
  • String 12: Universe 4 Channels 301-450

Download the following file, unzip and then read the directions in the Instructions folder.

Pixel_Setup.zip

Hope this helps!

Paul Muad'Dib (funkymzk)

Edited by funkymzk
  • Like 2

Hi Paul - thanks for sharing! 

There's lots of pixel-tards like me around who need all the help we can get.

Hey George!

Thanks for the er...ummm...thanx! I've followed a lot of your work and can truly say, it's an honor that I can help you out!

Anybody that sequences anything from "Dark Side of the Moon" is okay in my book!

I've toyed with the idea of doing "The Wall" in its entirety one weekend night for 2013 or 14

We had a lot of fun with our first 2012 display. It was small, but our hometown loved it. I was truly humbled by the response that we got.

My wifes worried right now, because I keep walking around mumbling, gotta top 2012 :)

Don't fret, I'm a pixel-tard too, (aw hell...complete noob at all of this) but it's starting to come together!

Dib~

• 2 weeks later...

Funky,

Ditto on the appreciation for posting this.  Saved me a bunch of time generating my RGB strings.

Aaron

Love it. Another Dune fan.

Its by my will alone that I put my mind into motion. That Pixel do blink. The blinking is a sign. The sign tells what channel to tune to. Its by my will alone that I put my mind into motion.

Ok, not a direct quote and a few words missing. And you guys are ahead of me with these RGB strips. I am trying to add 4 8' arches. And two 8' fire sticks. More than enough to bite off for the first year.

Edited by Max-Paul
  • Like 1