Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy entire track or group in LOR and paste into another sequence

systemdm

Is there an easy way to copy an entire track or group to another sequence?  I am able to open the track or group and copy every channel, paste it into another sequence and re-create the track or group..   Just wondering if there is a way to do this without having to re-create it. 

Thanks,

Donald

You want to create a channel configuration file.

Click "Edit -> Export/Import Channel Configuration -> Export Channel Configuration."

When prompted, enter a filename for your template. It is now saved to your computer.

You can then "Import" that into a new sequence, and the channels/groups will be there for you.

Thanks Don.  I've used that procedure before and it works great,  but I also want to copy the information contained within the channels( on ,off, shimmer, twinkle, ...etc).

You can copy/paste events in the Sequence Editor (SE) as you would normal text in notepad, etc.

Simply highlight the cells you wish to copy, and CTRL-C then CRTL-V in the new area.

Don....I guess I'm not explaining what I'm trying to do very well.  Example:  I create a sequence with a group called "CoroTree".  In this group, I have the lights set to blink the way I want for a particular song.   I want to move or copy this group to another sequence with all that information intact.

Just thought there would be a way to maybe shrink the group down, right click on it, and copy the whole thing. 

Okay, so you have "Sequence 1" and "Sequence 2"

On Sequence 1 you create channels that you then 'convert to group' and create effects with. You want to copy only those effects and channels/group to Sequence 2, correct?

There is not a way to copy a channel (or group) from one sequence to the other. The export/import would be the only way to 'copy' channels/groups between two sequences.

Not a way to do the whole group with a click, but you can hi light the channels in the group and copy them and then paste into the same group on your second sequence. Not really a lot more work than hi lighting the group header and copying and then pasting into the new sequence.