Light-O-Rama Forums

How to save the animation

Gina Burns

Hey there! I have been trying to save my animation in the animation folder but it keeps saving it in the sequencing folder. Also, how do I save the music in the music folder too? I know stupid questions but I have to ask!:D

Gina Burns wrote:

Hey there! I have been trying to save my animation in the animation folder but it keeps saving it in the sequencing folder. Also, how do I save the music in the music folder too? I know stupid questions but I have to ask!:D

Hi Gina,

Can you explain what you mean by "save my animation"

Thanks
Dan

Sure, there is a animation folder (las) and I can not save anything to it....when I save it is automatically goes to the sequence folder.

The animation is part of the sequence you build, that is why is it saved with the sequence. You can export the channel configuration and when you import that into another sequence, it will bring the animation with it.

I would just drag and drop the music files you want in the audio folder from where they are right now on your computer.

Gina Burns wrote:

Hey there! I have been trying to save my animation in the animation folder but it keeps saving it in the sequencing folder. Also, how do I save the music in the music folder too? I know stupid questions but I have to ask!:)

Gina,

I think you are making things more complicated than they need to be. There is no reason why all of your sequences, both animation and musical, can't reside in the same folder.

Besides, when you go to build shows, etc., it will be much easier to locate everything in one folder.

I do it like Don said, works great.
Also to save you a lot of time when you build your channel layout, network settings and colors, then save as "my animation" (or what ever) and "export" it. When you start your next song "import" it. It's all on LOR's support center, that's where I picked most of this up. Then I ask the stupid questons, the ones I should know the answers to if I would just think abought it, but it's so much easyer to ask the ones who have gone before and thanks to this forum we are all better off for it.