Light-O-Rama Forums

Little Drummer Boy Music

Ron Boyd

Does anyone know of a cool Rock-n-Roll or Blues version of Little Drummer Boy, and maybe a link to where to purchase it? After 2 years with Bob Seger, I'm over sequencing that song. Also, after looking at about 1000 out of almost 4000 .mp3s on Amazon, and listening to about 50 different versions, I was over it and thought I'd send out a feeler here.

Don't want anything as hard as Metallica or Infected Blist......I mean, Twisted Sister :P , just something along the sound TSO or The Jack Frost band Blues version of Frosty the Snowman.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Huh! for some reason, I never thunk of Youtube or Google. Thanks for the suggestions. Whilst listening to these and then doing my own search, (which I should have done in the first place) I found this one: 

This is exactly the style I was looking for.

Thanks again lightzilla. I do appreciate the links and thanks for looking and kick-starting my brain.

Thanks Zilla.  I think I've found my replacement (or addition) to Ringo Starr.

Jim - Don't know about cheese-heads, but my crowd will definitely stay for the next song.  Creative editing will save the day.

hey ron,

i have a version that i have used for a couple of years that you may like.  i cut the song down and my wife has strongly suggested that i need the whole song by next year.  so you know what i'll be listening to this summer. 

really good version and has some neat changes.

its by whiteheart (christian rock band) this is from the late 80's early 90's.

it starts out slow (which looks really good with fades and low intensity). then with the drums around 1:15 i used the accents with various parts of my display.  when they change keys you can raise the intensity and some of the speeds. 

not many folks have heard the song but there is enough different things happening that if you sequence it with the  lights it will keep your visitors watching. 

you should be able to get the mp3 but if you can let me know.  i can point to in the right direction.

Oooooo!!!! I like that one I think better. You know, I started listening to that one, but it was the slow part that I heard and I was looking for a faster version. I like it. I'm heading over to Amazon to get it right now.

Nice redition, but I wonder how well it will hold people to stay for the next song.

I think that's what the problem with Bob Seger's version. I had lot's of people leave on that one this passed year.

Thanks to all,

Ron

Yep, already have it downloaded from Amazon, got it cut down to just a bit over 3 minutes, and I start sequencing at lunchtime tomorrow. I really do like this version. Thanks a bunch for the heads up.

hey ron,

you are more than welcome.  when you get it done shoot me a little of your sequence.  i would like to see some of your ideas.

i agree with you,  it starts off soft and a little slow but it works well when it add the whole band and when the key change happens.

i have liked this version of the song for years.

good luck

I'm going with Vaughn Smith.  I've already got it edited down to a rockin' two minutes.  Should be a fun one to do.

I'm going with Vaughn Smith.  I've already got it edited down to a rockin' two minutes.  Should be a fun one to do.

That one was my least favorite version, but it does fit nicely with your other music. 

You must of missed the link above the  "Vaughn Smith" version. It lead you to Whiteheart. I am thinking of follow George on this one by doinge  "Vaughn Smith", but I think I will do "White Heart" as well.

Twitter is another place to find music, infact you will find lots of singers on Twitter. I better not say anymore or I will loose all the sites I keep finding. lol

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd show what I did with the Whiteheart version that I decided on.

https://vimeo.com/65578197

Let me know what you think

Ron

All effects, whether RGB, Pixel or LED was done in Superstar

Edited by Ron Boyd

Looks great Ron! 

I especially like the large spoked wheel - that one is definitely going on my copy list...

Here's what I did with the Vaughn Smith version:

If you click on the song name (upper left after starting play) and follow the link to YouToob and play the video in full-screen mode it looks a LOT better.

Edited by George Simmons

George, as always my friend, a fantastic job. I thought long and hard on which version I was going to use, and the Vaughn Smith version was hard to pass up. The Whiteheart version was really the style I was looking for and that's why I picked it. There's still time this year, I may do Smith too.

I want to find that Joan Jett version too. I think I remember hearing that a long time ago, and if I remember correctly, it was a pretty cool tune. Thanks for reminding me of that one Kevin. By the way, I'll need another package from you sometime soon so expect an e-mail in the next couple of months.

Thanks for watching,

Ron