Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting controllers

Gina Burns

Ok, so this is my first year and I have just come to the reality that I need to buy another controller. I just purchased one 16 controller and I want to get another one. My question is how to do you connect the two controllers together?

You chain them together with phone cable or network cables (cat 5 wire).
There are also wireless units available from LOR if physically cabling them is difficult.
Take a look at the LOR website under support. there are some good diagrams there.

Tim

Guest wbottomley

Gina Burns wrote:

Ok, so this is my first year and I have just come to the reality that I need to buy another controller. I just purchased one 16 controller and I want to get another one. My question is how to do you connect the two controllers together?

Gina... as Tim mentoned, I use cat 5e to daisy chain my controllers. The LOR support site has diagrams that show different configurations.

Also want to mentoned that Don's LOR wiki has some great info.

Those links will be on the left side of your screen under LOR Links.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Gina, I think a picture is worth a 1000 words but that still might not be enough to explain how to connect LOR controller stogether...

Each controller needs to have a unique UnitID set. On some controllers this is set with mini rotary switches, and others it is set with the hardware utility. Once you have assigned the IDs you string-along the controllers by connecting a Cat5 cable between them. There is an in and an out on each board. If you are only using Cat5 cable, you connect the wire coming from your RS485 adapter (Serial or USB) to the center jack on a controller. Then connect a Cat5 cable from the other RJ45 connector on that board to the center connector on the next controller in the string. They do not have to be in any particular order along the string. As long as the UnitID is set, LOR will find them.

Jeff

WOW! Three posts in the ten minutes it took me to get a pic and make this post. Isn't this a great place to get info?;)

somone is good at keeping wires neet :)

looks nice...

pictures are worth 1000 words