Light-O-Rama Forums

Making a Skull

JF1993

Is there a good tutorial out there somewhere for making a plastic skull prop. If at all possible I could try to replicate an old Boris talking skull I have, but I was wondering how I could do this. Any ideas? I was thinking about using a heat gun and plastic laminate sheets, but I don't know of anyway to keep it from melting to the model skull underneath.

That's awesome! I really like the realistic movements and such, but the price is really high. I was just talking about making homemade light up skulls to put in front of my tombstones. I might have to invest in one of these though later on. Do the skultronics work with the Light-O-Rama software suite? I know that Light-O-Rama says it can operate DMX and I think I saw something about DMX on the Skultronics website. Again thanks for sharing that it is really cool.

I noticed that the people making homemade 3-axis skulls are using Brookshire Software's to control the movements. Does anyone know if there is some way to have that software timed up with LOR sequences? If not would it be possible to control the servo motors using the LOR software? I really do like the idea of making a 3-axis skull but I just had to ask this question before I even consider buying the parts to create one.