Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee 2013 Spring Mini++

Dennis Cherry

The date is set for the first 2013 Mini in Tennessee and adjoining states

DATE: March 16th

Location: Southeastern part Cleveland Tennessee (Chattanooga area). Same location as last years Mini.

Mark your calendar for this date, more information will be coming to this post.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dennis Cherry

• Ron Boyd

• harrison0550

• dougd

They are just get togethers where we all meet in person to exchange ideas and hook things up so folks can see hands on hardware or software. Really just an excuse for us to play with lights.

I mean like do newbies learn a lot of stuff ? Or what.

Like I've kind of wanted to go to one(this has been the closest one to me) but this one is 10 hours away... Would it be worth it?

Like will I lean a lot? And will it help me? Or is it like you said just a get together

I mean like do newbies learn a lot of stuff ? Or what.

Like I've kind of wanted to go to one(this has been the closest one to me) but this one is 10 hours away... Would it be worth it?

Like will I lean a lot? And will it help me? Or is it like you said just a get together

Mini's are a informal get together, you can ask, learn, meet others and get hands on instructions from others.

I have seen the Oklahoma Mini posts (Norman) lately, been to a couple of them and might be well worth you time.

Sheldon,

Think of it as a forum, just live. Instead of asking a question about something you don't understand or need help on, and then waiting for someone to answer it on the forum, at a Mini, you ask a question and it gets answered right then and there. Plus, most everybody brings different elements or lights, pixels, pixel controllers, tools used. Name it, someone there either has it on their person or it's in their car. Also, it's a chance to get to know some of the other lighting folks in your community or surrounding areas and put a face with a screen name. It's fun and you will learn a ton.

I'm sure I speak for everybody here, we would love to have you, but like you said, 10 hrs. If you could make the road trip, you have to remember, it would probably be a 3 day thing for you. Not to mention, meals and a place to stay. It'd be great if you could come out though.

At a minimum there would be 2 people who donated to your display at this one. If you can make the Tennessee Mini, that would be great. If there's one closer to you, that would be something I would really consider attending.

We'll it's the Saturday starting my spring break. So I'm not busy. I just have to see if I can come up with the money for food hotel and gas lol.

So how long do these minis usually last?

• 3 weeks later...

Tennessee++ Mini:

We are going to have another mini in Cleveland Tennessee. Cleveland is just NE of Chattanooga

The ++ means the neighboring states are always welcomed.

Date: March 16th 2013

Time: 10:00 AM until you want to leave.

Place: Cleveland Tennessee. The meeting location will be posted closer to the date.

Food: We will pick up what the majority of the group wants. We will pool the group’s money.

Two rooms for classes and a large outside area for any equipment setups or selling area (weather permitting).

ItsMeBobO will be teleconferencing classes on his programs (MIIP, Vegematic, and Marque Tool)

The rest of the Mini will be the desires of people who show up.

Some of the Ideas we can cover are:

1. New Users (How to Begin with Q&A)
2. Software (LOR, Vixen, Lightshow Pro, HLS, S3, Superstar, XLights, etc)
3. What is E1.31 and DMX? Protocol issues with Configuration setup.
4. Repairing LED Light string,learning how to find the bad LED’s.
5. DIY kit building including programming your PIC’s.
6. Learn Soldering.
7. RGB Dumb or intelligent light strings and different ways to control them.
8. Just talk about anything general group discussion.

All classes will be limited to 1 hour.

Let’s hear from all who are interested and what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone from the Charlotte/Concord area interested in carpooling to this MINI?  Google says it is about 5.5hrs from here.  I was thinking about going over and back the same day.  I can take 3 comfortably with me.  Send me a PM if you are interested.

That must be why I don't have any "Takers" yet for my carpool.  I have several questions that I know you "experts" can answer for me about getting in to RGB.  I need to consider if that knowledge is worth the 11Hr. round trip.

• 2 weeks later...