Light-O-Rama Forums

Need advice on CCR number!

Herbaclaus

Hi guys (and girls),

My wife got me a CCR from LOR for Christmas. My big transition this year will be to add a CCR tree to my front yard. However, I can only afford to do either 6 or 8 total CCR's due to cost. I wanted to collect come sequences done for them to use with existing sequences I have done as I learn how to do Superstar.

My question....I know alot of people have 12 CCR sequences done. And I read in another thread that the sequences using CCR strips with differing numbers don't easily modify. Is there any differenence (outside of visual) in choosing 6 versus 8? Are there alot of people using that nuymber on a tree that have done sequences?

I am going thru Superstar tutorials but its pretty intimidating. So I was hoping to get a few sequences that I could "adopt". Thoughts?

Thanks,

Herb

Edited by Herbaclaus

Yes, you are right that most of the CCR "tree" sequences are written for 12 ribbons, but there are sequences for fewer out there. In some cases, you can strip down a 12 ribbon sequence and still have it look good. Brian is now selling a few 6 ribbon sequences..

I was under the impression that you could make a nice CCR tree by folding each CCR in half, so making 6 CCRs into a 12 strip tree.

I have not done this, but seem to remember seeing that somewhere here.

Well I wanted the height with having full ribbons. I guess my basic question is....will using less than 12 ribbons cause me to have to do all my sequencing from scratch?

From what I've seen, you most likely will have to buy sequencing or start from scratch. I choose the purchase route last year as I didn't take the time to learn the programming for the Super Star software. Maybe this year i will learn and save some $$$$.

Remember, you have to crawl before you walk..............Start with some simple programming and keep learning would be my suggestion if you can't afford the $$$ for someone else's work.

For myself, I don't think I could ever create something like Brian did, so I was happy to pay for the work.

Steve

Since your wife bought the CCR to begin with, tell her it is worthless without more of them and for her to buy more for each special event thru-out 2013. :)

Heck, suggest to her to purchase sequences too. "Milk it", I say... "till the well is dry". :D

Give her the "sad puppy look" too ;)

What she did is like buying you a G.I. Joe and not having the accessories. What fun is that? B)

J/K she sounds like a great woman!

Hi guys (and girls),

My wife got me a CCR from LOR for Christmas. My big transition this year will be to add a CCR tree to my front yard. However, I can only afford to do either 6 or 8 total CCR's due to cost. I wanted to collect come sequences done for them to use with existing sequences I have done as I learn how to do Superstar.

My question....I know alot of people have 12 CCR sequences done. And I read in another thread that the sequences using CCR strips with differing numbers don't easily modify. Is there any differenence (outside of visual) in choosing 6 versus 8? Are there alot of people using that nuymber on a tree that have done sequences?

I am going thru Superstar tutorials but its pretty intimidating. So I was hoping to get a few sequences that I could "adopt". Thoughts?

Thanks,

Herb

Herb, The sequences I sent you earlier had sequencing for an 8 leg tree. I did mine with CCPs but they were sequenced like 8 CCRs. You can expand each CCP in the editor and you will find 2 strings in each set of CCPs. Just copy and paste parts or the whole sequence. I'm afraid I don't have the actual .sup files, or at least I can't find them. They may give you a start.

Ahhh ok Ron! Wow...Im glad! When I got those from you I was focused on my 32 channels that I I didnt recognize the other channels and how they were used.

Ill bet I can use those cant I? That will be great. I began playing around with Superstar but its INTIMIDATING as heck.

And Tom....I am trying to get her to IGNORE the cost of adding 7 CCR's.

btw....an another note...I keep help desking LOR for what I would need if I did this and I asked them to call me but I keep getting a milk toast response back. Is that typical? I wanted to know how my mp3 would work with adding all those channels plus a couple of other questions and I get a "read the forums watch the tutorials" response back. And no phone call.....I feel like I am spending a posse with them. Be nice to get a phone voice........

btw....an another note...I keep help desking LOR for what I would need if I did this and I asked them to call me but I keep getting a milk toast response back. Is that typical? I wanted to know how my mp3 would work with adding all those channels plus a couple of other questions and I get a "read the forums watch the tutorials" response back. And no phone call.....I feel like I am spending a posse with them. Be nice to get a phone voice........

+1

• The topic was locked