Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB-16D .. Is it shipping yet?

Tom B.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

jasnoe45...

This is a very cool post! I am sure that you missed the year of the post and because it was oct and were concerned that people may be worried, you took the time to reassure people that the product is shipping in a timely fashon. A year late but it did make me smile....

Oh boy. I wondered why they seemed confused when I placed my order and asked how far backordered they were... What a difference a year makes!

Any word on where I get heatsinks for these boards?

jasone45 wrote:

Oh boy. I wondered why they seemed confused when I placed my order and asked how far backordered they were... What a difference a year makes!

Any word on where I get heatsinks for these boards?

The current generation of the CTB16D cards are a bit difficult to place heatsinks on. They can handle about 4 amps per channel without heatsinks. The issue is that switching devices (Mosfets) have metal tabs and those tabs cannot touch one another. (they are not isolated). There are insulating kits available to allow a metal strip to be applied across the devices. We currently do not have those insulating kits in stock but will in the near future. You can also "gang" multiple channels together to get more power... You just have to make sure that they are both doing the same thing at the same time in your sequence.

Best regards,
Dan
Light O Rama, Inc.