Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions on house outlines

starzen

One of the things i would like to do for this year is to create pixel outlines on the house

using pixel strips either CCR's or similar pixel strips

the attached picture shows the planned outlines. Purple are the ones i really want to do and blue are the ones i would like to do as well

i would like to hear any ideas and warnings/tips you would have regarding this

one thing i am wondering is how to mount the strips. On the top roof i have wood to mount things to. There i would really like to mount the strips together with icicle lights together somehow

the window outlines are probably the easiest as there are screws for the hurricane shutters on each side of the window

the lines on the garage roof probably need to be on top of the roof so they are visible. Not sure how to mount these yet

the vertical lines on the house corners i have no idea yet how to mount these

the garage door outline i could wedge some pvc into the cutout for the garage i guess

any ideas/help/tips/links would be greatly appreciated

Mike

8394174557_5a66914135_z.jpg

I used 1/2" PVC to outline my house this year. I attached an RGB strip and icicles to it with zip ties and attached the PVC to the gutters. It worked very well kept ererything in a straight line with no sagging. For storage i removed the icicles and left the RGB strip attached and hung from hooks in the garage.

I used 1/2" PVC to outline my house this year. I attached an RGB strip and icicles to it with zip ties and attached the PVC to the gutters. It worked very well kept ererything in a straight line with no sagging. For storage i removed the icicles and left the RGB strip attached and hung from hooks in the garage.

I'm curious how you attached the PVC to the gutter and how much space between each connection to prevent sagging? As i just spent about an hour pulling off all the strings and little clips from my gutter the PVC method has got to be better.

currently i am looking into a combination of using PVC and J-Channel (mentioned to me on another forum).

on my lower roof i dont think using the gutter or below would be a good idea because you could not see the sides of the roof from in front of the house. thinking of just making a PVC frame that is layed down on top of the roof similar to what i had this year with regular strings

the top roof i can mount either J-channel or PVC to the gutter or even better the wood below the gutter

the garage door coould be a pvc frame with friction fit and probably two poles in between to prevent sagging

for my windows i can build a frame from PVC that screws on to the hurricane panel screws

the verticals i am still not sure. the bottom ones i could probably somehow manage to clamp a PVC on somewhere but the top verticals i still have no idea

I drilled through the gutter with a 1/8" bet about every 4' and hehb in place with a zip tie. I had no problem with the PVC sagging. I Then used zip ties along with the double sided tape for the RGB strips just in case. I also used zip ties about every 3' for the icicles. I will be making a PVC frame for my roof for next christmas to attach more strips. You can see pics here. https://www.facebook.com/JoshuasLights