Light-O-Rama Forums

Equipment wiring question

David Spangler

This is a stupid question, or two, and I already have ideas what I think Im going to do, but what do most of you do when running your wires across the ground. My biggest concern is safety. Do you use pvc to protect the wires in different areas? Do you use wood to cover it? I heard the wireless stuff isn't too good, does anybody use it? Is there a theft problem with putting the controllers near your lights in the yard? 2013 is going to be my first year and I want to do it right so I'm trying to lay it out now.

There has been no reports of controllers being stolen, but don't make it easy for them either. Put controllers near your elements to save on cord. I have cords grouped together and then stake them down with a piece of heavy wire so they don't get tripped on, or if they do get kicked, less likely to pull a cord loose.

At least get the controllers out in the yard somewhere near the display items. I usually try to get them out nearby but behind a bush or something, and then run wires the rest of the way. I use lawn/garden staples to help hold down wires (to make it look neater during the day).

6971f3f57008269fc28afb749d25d58b.jpg

Use can use arland and other decorations to hide the controllers.

Hide them behind your elements in the display where you do not need to decorate them.

At night you cannot see them in the yard, but in daylight they are visible.

post-1877-0-30424700-1358347763_thumb.jp

Edited by Dennis Cherry

At least get the controllers out in the yard somewhere near the display items. I usually try to get them out nearby but behind a bush or something, and then run wires the rest of the way. I use lawn/garden staples to help hold down wires (to make it look neater during the day).

6971f3f57008269fc28afb749d25d58b.jpg

Yep, this is the way to go for me also. I just make mine out of really heavy wire. Hide your controllers as best you can , but don't run a mile of cords to do it.

• The topic was locked