Light-O-Rama Forums

hobbyist products

Guest guest

I was wondering how hard it is to use a hobbyist board. I looked on the site and it looks pretty easy to wire and I know I can find casings around here pretty cheap. I was also wondering, for those of you that have used the hobbyist products, what you used for the power connections? I was thinking of lamp wire because it is relatively easy to find and a decent price.

Note, this will be my first purchase. Would I be better off buying a showcase first? I am knowledgeable about electronics and if I don't know what to do, my father will.

Thanks,

Happy New years all

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

Very simple as long as you know the diff between pos and neg wiring.

I THINK he meant Line and Neutral....

Unless Steve is Beta testing the portable automotive version....???:P

If you are really looking for LOR and need it now, contact me via Private Message for details. I have have several units I am willing to part with. All are completely built boxes.

Jeff

They are quite simple to assemble. I would suggest though that you look at the power and wire sets in the accessories area of the LOR site. The wires from Lor make for a much neater and faster job than "scrounging and chopping" .

Jeff_Womack wrote:

If you are really looking for LOR and need it now, contact me via Private Message for details. I have have several units I am willing to part with. All are completely built boxes.

Jeez Jeff are you selling used cars now too? Gotta get that plug in on every thread? :laughing:

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:

Jeez Jeff are you selling used cars now too? Gotta get that plug in on every thread? :laughing:

-Tim

I think he is just trying to catch you on your post count tim. :P

I think Womack is just trying to help a few that might need LOR board in the next couple of weeks for Valentine displays. Course you might be right he might be trying to catch up with Tim's post count. lol

Jeff_Womack wrote:

Just trying to help everyone out. :]

I'll give you $5 each. That will help me out a lot!

Regarding the original thread, I have used the hobbyist cards and assembled my own other than the first couple I bought. It's very easy and Dan includes easy to follow instructions. The only down side for some would be the small amount of time it takes to gather the cords, enclosures, etc. and put everything together at the last minute. If you plan ahead there really isn't a down side to doing them.

Marty Slack wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:
Just trying to help everyone out. :]

I'll give you $5 each. That will help me out a lot!

Well heck, if there going that cheap. I will take them all for $5.01. Heck even if thats per channel thats still a great buy.