Light-O-Rama Forums

Sears and Kmart

eurbani

Both stores went to 70% off today.

I called one of my local Walmarts and they said that they were 75% off, but I went to 3 stores and they all were at 50%. There was one local Walmart that took it upon itself to go to 75%, but since it wasn't in the computer, the clerks had to do the math. I had to keep explaining. "No, 25% of $29.98 isn't $8. It is about $7.50..."

I was at Walmart 1am New Years Day, Got two cases of lights at 75% off. wasn't in the confuser yet, they had to use their smart phones to do the math. Kid's nowadays can't do anything in their heads.

Kid's nowadays can't do anything in their heads.

Today all of the Walmarts in my area are 75% off.

I purchased two items at one store. Original prices $59.98 and $29.98. The $29.98 rang up correctly at $7.49. The $59.98 was still full price. The cashier knew it was wrong and called the supervisor over. The supervisor was quick to surmise that $59.98 is about twice $29.98 and that the discounted price for the $59.98 should be twice the discounted price for the $29.98 item. (I was impressed.). I glanced at my receipt after the purchase. She charged me $14. I guess that it is too hard to multiply $.49 times two. Ugh!

On a separate, note I called three Walmarts this morning before I left. Two said that their discount was 50% and only one knew it was 75%. However, at the stores, everything was ringing 75% off. Oh Walmart, when will you train your people?

The Walmart I frequent has a lady who's been in charge of the seasonal department there for a dozen years and she told me many years ago that they usually go to 75% on January 3rd every year. So far, she's never been wrong.

Edited by George Simmons

I work for Walmart

Some goofball at the home office must have screwed up somewhere...when the merchandise did officially go to 75% off some stuff went back to original price

It is all done in the computer and is timed regulated when to be marked down although some store managers can go in and mark items down manaually....

Must be nice I think either all our area stores didn't order as much or stashed some of it for next year as most were well picked over by Christmas. Not much made it to the clearence sales. :(

• The topic was locked