Light-O-Rama Forums

It's a Game Changing Happy New Year for Me!

scubado

I got some really interesting news from my boss yesterday. I can't go into detail at this time, but an opportunity to work on additional production equipment, overtime, and oncall pay has fallen into my lap. If I do proceed with this opportunity, it also includes a two week training trip to Colorado. I've never been west of the Mississippi River except for Minneapolis, MN. I don't know what city the training is in yet, but I would love to meet anyone that'll be close by.

BTW, this will expand the possibilities of my show this year. I'm starting to feel like a kid in a candy store! I also picked up two cases of lights at Walmart at 1am today at 75% off.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope more of you get opportunities too!

HA, with all of the over time and personal time spent getting up to speed on the new equipment that you will be working on. Where are you going to get time to seq and build new props?

It will be a very busy year for sure. I don't have drastic changes planned that will effect what I have sequenced much, so revamping the current songs should be fairly easy. I would really like to have George do a song or two for me at some point, I have one already picked out, but the display is not what I want yet.

Last year I did a major remodel for a friend that funded the upgrades this year, but suffered in time for sequencing.

The oncall and overtime sounded like it was pretty flexible as to how much or little as I wanted. So hopefully get what I need and not get burned out and still have plenty of time to work on the display.

• The topic was locked